Lets talk about timeouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk about timeouts

How different people utilize them, who is the best ever at using timeouts?
    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Originally posted by William View Post
    I use them when my children have a failure to respond to their fathers reasonable requests in the areas of behavior, language, attitude and voice tone. My strategy is a time out of one minute per the childs age. The spot of the time out should be away from distractions (other people, tv, toys, gadgits, etc...). Generally the results meet expectations. I hope this helps others. My father was the greatest utilizers of these time outs of anybody I have ever witnessed.

Comment

Oh man, Dads are the best about utilizing timeouts, especially to children. I've seen many children benefit from a good TO over the years, but what about bball coaches?

You can call me Bill

Comment

Oh man, Dads are the best about utilizing timeouts, especially to children. I've seen many children benefit from a good TO over the years, but what about bball coaches?
        Oh, sorry bout that. I don't know schitt about BB timeouts.

Comment

My 8 year old daughter seems to have become somewhat immune to corner timeouts. Now she gets timeouts (ie days off) from her ipad and her XBox.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I think the admins should be more liberal with timeout usage for posters. I'm not sure if the new rules limit the number they can use and they're just saving them, or if they can't use them during a live discussion. Maybe some clarification?

:)
            Livin the dream

Comment

LOL

You can call me Bill

Comment

Well, Bill, my personal favorite technique is when the coach or player takes his or her left-hand and holds it in a vertical position and then takes the right-hand and puts it horizontally over the left-hand and then sharply and crisply raises the right-hand up and down over the left hand. What a beautiful visual demonstration of the principle of the basketball time out. When I see it done this way it almost brings me to tears.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Yes , me too.

You can call me Bill

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    My 8 year old daughter seems to have become somewhat immune to corner timeouts. Now she gets timeouts (ie days off) from her ipad and her XBox.
                    We did the same for Shocker Son. If he was really in trouble, we'd tell him that for the next week, he was going to be Amish. No phone, no X-Box, no TV, no laptop....

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                      We did the same for Shocker Son. If he was really in trouble, we'd tell him that for the next week, he was going to be Amish. No phone, no X-Box, no TV, no laptop....
                      OMG, that's hilarious, probably very effective too.

You can call me Bill

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        I use them when my children have a failure to respond to their fathers reasonable requests in the areas of behavior, language, attitude and voice tone. My strategy is a time out of one minute per the childs age. The spot of the time out should be away from distractions (other people, tv, toys, gadgits, etc...). Generally the results meet expectations. I hope this helps others. My father was the greatest utilizers of these time outs of anybody I have ever witnessed.
                        Point of clarification: are you referring to yourself and a male domestic partner or just yourself?
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Time-Out Hand Signals:

http://www.playsportstv.com/basketba...t-hand-signals
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Remember when Zack Morris used to call time outs? That was awesome.

Comment

Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X