Speaking of H/H Series..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of H/H Series..

I was taking with an Xavier fan/alumnus, before the Xavier vs Dayton game. He was very knowledgeable about our program (stating what "terrible luck" WSU has had so far this season with injuries, as oppose to other fans asking "what the hell happened to WSU?").

Any who, we got to talking about each other's programs and such. Then, he mentioned how impressed he and several other alumni were with our fan base. So much so that they were going to have their alumni association speak with the AD about looking into a H/H with WSU.

I know this is nothing "concrete", but it would be nice if it happened. I'm all for scheduling as many H/H as possible, as long as we never have to play ESU or Newman (in a non-exhibition game) ever again!
    The Assman

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    I was taking with an Xavier fan/alumnus, before the Xavier vs Dayton game. He was very knowledgeable about our program (stating what "terrible luck" WSU has had so far this season with injuries, as oppose to other fans asking "what the hell happened to WSU?").

Any who, we got to talking about each other's programs and such. Then, he mentioned how impressed he and several other alumni were with our fan base. So much so that they were going to have their alumni association speak with the AD about looking into a H/H with WSU.

I know this is nothing "concrete", but it would be nice if it happened. I'm all for scheduling as many H/H as possible, as long as we never have to play ESU or Newman (in a non-exhibition game) ever again!
    Would love this!!!!

Comment

Awesome. Shocker Nation getting noticed on the road. Great "growth" going on these days! Bigger and better home and home games on the horizon fo sho!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Would love a series with Dayton. They are one of the best fanbases in college basketball, very similar to our own. Even though they went 30 years without great tournament success (Elite 8 in 1984, then a drought till 2014), they continued to make the tournament fairly regularly and their fanbase never stopped showing up. They've been one of the top 30 teams in attendance for 16 straight years, and they've been in the top 35 every year since 1969, usually averaging around 12,000 fans. I've found their fans to be knowledgeable and passionate about the sport in general, whereas a lot of power conference fans I've met only really know about their team and only really care about college basketball when their team is good.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
          Would love a series with Dayton. They are one of the best fanbases in college basketball, very similar to our own. Even though they went 30 years without great tournament success (Elite 8 in 1984, then a drought till 2014), they continued to make the tournament fairly regularly and their fanbase never stopped showing up. They've been one of the top 30 teams in attendance for 16 straight years, and they've been in the top 35 every year since 1969, usually averaging around 12,000 fans. I've found their fans to be knowledgeable and passionate about the sport in general, whereas a lot of power conference fans I've met only really know about their team and only really care about college basketball when their team is good.
          A series with Dayton would also be good, but the OP was talking to a Xavier alumnus.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Could we just get a H/H series with Arizona St. already puh-leeze??? I've only been waiting for 25 years now. Lol. :)
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

xavier has been to three straight sweet 16's (and who knows how many in the last 25 years). talk about an underappreciated program. yeesh.. i'd rather see a h/h with them than creighton for sure.

Comment

Working...
              X