Illinois State/Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State/Kentucky

The Redbirds showed up pretty well; lost by 12 after being tied at half in Lexington.
    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

If I recall, UK had about 30 more free throws than ISU.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Illinois State is 318th in the country in fouling.

(thanks kai)
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I watched the first half and ISU was very competitive despite FTA's attempted being very
        lopsided in favor of Ky. They were very athletic, scrappy, good defenders and rebounders.

Comment

I watched a little, but not enough to know for sure. Were they really good defenders, or were they just fouling on every possession and only getting called for about half of them. I remember Lowery coaching his guys to just keep fouling, so the officials would only call the worst fouls and let the smaller ones go.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I watched the game and they did a good job of forcing turnovers, but they were hacking the UK guys every time they went to the hoop. Purcell is a very good scorer and they have some decent all around players like McIntosh.

Comment

I know there probably is some thread dedicated to this but after a one month sample size, how do you people see the Valley vs. what you expected?

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                I know there probably is some thread dedicated to this but after a one month sample size, how do you people see the Valley vs. what you expected?
                Yes the Valley is much better this year and will not be a cake walk even if we have all hands on deck by Jan 1.

Comment

It's what I expected, except WSU is losing and SIU is winning.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Overall the bottom half of the MVC doesn't look any better, top half looks tough as expected. WSU could easily finish 3rd or 4th if they don't get things figured out quick.

Bradley, SWMO Drake, ISUB sucks balls.

LUC not looking very good, but have CU and Notre Dame to change that perception.

ISUR (2-5) played a extremely tough schedule and weren't blown out, looks to be a upper-middle of the MVC but is not NCAA at-large material.

SIU (6-1) looking surprisingly better but hasn't played a difficult schedule and no quality wins.

Evansville (5-1) looking like who we thought they would be. Problem is they lost their best game (Providence) on their schedule and only quality opponent left is UNI (as been said before, they have been Evansville by WSU).

UNI (4-1) off to a good start. They have Richmond, New Mexico and Iowa St left to build their at-large resume.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      WSU could easily finish 3rd or 4th if they don't get things figured out quick.
                      I stopped reading after this. Put down the bath salts.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        Overall the bottom half of the MVC doesn't look any better, top half looks tough as expected. WSU could easily finish 3rd or 4th if they don't get things figured out quick.

Fourth? I love it when we're picked fourth!
                        Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Could finish third or fourth? I agree. Nothing is given, and thus far we haven't shown as better than UNI or UE. There are definite reasons for that which we all believe will correct itself, but until we start seeing that correction, I have to agree that finishing 3 or 4 is a very real worst case scenario.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            Could finish third or fourth? I agree. Nothing is given, and thus far we haven't shown as better than UNI or UE. There are definite reasons for that which we all believe will correct itself, but until we start seeing that correction, I have to agree that finishing 3 or 4 is a very real worst case scenario.
                            A realistic scenario - yes; clearly not a "...very real worst case scenario given the speed bumps the Shockers have already encountered this season.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I stopped reading after this. Put down the bath salts.
                              Make sure you take ownership of this statement in March because 3rd or 4th is a very real possibility.....By itself, the lack of post play could give the shox 6-7 MVC losses.

Comment

Working...
                              X