Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
    Random observations:

I love going to these tournaments because you can sit so close and really see and hear what is going on. My preference is the baseline.

Which brings me to my first point - at least as of right now, this Shocks team doesn't talk as much on D as last year's version.
    This really explains everything. Thanks for the awesome report!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        One thing I see that is glaring when you get beyond Fred and Landry missing from the offense - the D is not very good.

One interesting thing is that we are the highest rated team on KenPom (43) to have the worst winning percentage. We are doing a few things right, we just aren't putting the ball in the basket more times than our opponents.
        “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
          Anton was supposed to be a key player. He hadnt proven that yet. IMO he was far from a key contributor
          Just the second leading scorer and leading rebounder. Not key at all.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            One thing I see that is glaring when you get beyond Fred and Landry missing from the offense - the D is not very good.

How much of that is not having Fred giving the opposing PG fits and allowing Ron, Zach and McDuffie to stay more with their defensive assignments, if not stepping into passing lanes for steals, deflections? PGs driving to the lane cause everybody to collapse and leaves the arc wide open. A healthy Fred (or haiving Cotton back) changes a whole lot of the defense.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
            X