Red shirting consequences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red shirting consequences

In many cases players must consider the fact that if they do redshirt and if a couple years down the road it still don't workout with the team. They are destined for D-2 or lower.

Most of the redshirts are going to Juco which doesn't limit their Div.1 experience. However, if you are speaking about Shaq, maybe he just needs to get his butt in gear, find his motor, and rebound with some energy. Shaq, with energy can play at WSU. Shouldn't he be accountable for his lack of playing time instead of the coaching staff? You have it a little backwards I think.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      Most of the redshirts are going to Juco which doesn't limit their Div.1 experience. However, if you are speaking about Shaq, maybe he just needs to get his butt in gear, find his motor, and rebound with some energy. Shaq, with energy can play at WSU. Shouldn't he be accountable for his lack of playing time instead of the coaching staff? You have it a little backwards I think.
      No I'm talking about the rule as a whole. If you redshirt in your first year and end up transferring 2 years later you can't go d-1.

Comment

My point is that Shaq doesn't need to transfer if he gets it together. If he doesn't get it together, Div. 2 is where he belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          My point is that Shaq doesn't need to transfer if he gets it together. If he doesn't get it together, Div. 2 is where he belongs.
          Again I wasn't talking about shaq. However there are a lot of d-1 teams he can play for. That opportunity doesn't exist. Just the way it is

Comment

I've heard the name uthof so much
            I started thinking we were playing Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
              Again I wasn't talking about shaq. However there are a lot of d-1 teams he can play for. That opportunity doesn't exist. Just the way it is
              Is he accountable for not doing the little things?

Well, while you are talking about Shaq, did you see the box out he missed that cost us two points?
              How many times does that happen?

Comment

I'm not a fan of burning an extra scholarship year on players who may or may not pan out. You do that consistently and you're falling behind in recruiting. Considering Nurger is already the same age as upperclassmen I'd say he's a coin flip.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  I'm not a fan of burning an extra scholarship year on players who may or may not pan out. You do that consistently and you're falling behind in recruiting. Considering Nurger is already the same age as upperclassmen I'd say he's a coin flip.
                  I know it was his first game this year, but he was getting pushed all over today. He's not our solution down low. He's just not strong enough and doesn't seem to have the build to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    I know it was his first game this year, but he was getting pushed all over today. He's not our solution down low. He's just not strong enough and doesn't seem to have the build to get there.
                    What was Dennis Rodman's build?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Patience grasshoppa.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                        What was Dennis Rodman's build?
                        Strong.
                        Attached Files
                        On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Originally posted by BikeIdiot View Post
                          Strong.
                          I've never seen a jersey fit anyone better.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                          X