No announcement yet.

Prayers for Grady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What we've been wanting to hear. Hurry back Anton we still have a lot of work to do.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Edit: I said stuff here... But uh. Just read Doc's next post instead haha
      Last edited by ShoxRoxMySox; November 27, 2015, 09:38 PM.

Comment

To return to play or not?

For that reason, spinal canal width (which can be determined by MRI) is a key factor considered by doctors when they advise football players whether it’s safe to return to play after a CCN episode.

Dr. Bell says there are no clear guidelines for making these return-to-play decisions, but it’s generally thought that return to play is allowable after a single episode of CCN in a player with normal results on neurologic tests, normal spinal alignment and a normal spinal canal diameter with no evidence of spinal cord compression.

There’s also general agreement that players should not return to football or other collision sports if they have:

Any lasting neurologic effects or symptoms or any persistent spinal cord damage
        A history of multiple episodes of CCN
        An unhealed spinal fracture or spine instability
        Conditions such as myelomalacia of the spinal cord (which suggests bruising of the spinal cord) or certain congenital abnormalities of the spine

Most controversial is the case of a player who’s suffered a single episode of CCN and has evidence of narrowing of the spinal canal with spinal cord compression. While erring on the side of caution may be easier for players at the recreational or high school level, the call can be tougher at the college or professional levels, where scholarships and financial considerations typically figure in.

Even so, Dr. Bell says he’d be “very reluctant” to give return-to-play clearance following an episode of CCN in an athlete who has significant reduction in spinal canal diameter associated with a reduction or elimination of the cushion of cerebrospinal fluid surrounding the spinal canal. “This can increase the risk of permanent spinal cord injury in the event of another neck injury,” he explains.

For some players who insist on returning to competition, surgery can occasionally reduce the risk of repeat CCN and permanent cord injury, he adds.

I would guess other questions must be answered before he's allowed to play again.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Spinal concussion. All spinal tests negative. Should be better in a day or so.
          Wow. I am so relieved. This was killing me today. I don't even care how the weekend goes. We all know this team will be fine at full strength. Even commenting or attempting to break the team down right now is pointless. This isn't our team yet. Who cares. This deal with Grady on top of all the other injuries is just crazy.

I don't even care about basketball and it's going to take me a few days to stop just thinking about Anton. As long as he is gonna be able to live his life still, I don't care if we win a game in Orlando.

And there will come a day in December when all of these guys start coming back and playing and we will be just fine. All the adversity may produce a really special season but for now I'm just gonna focus on how wonderful it is that Grady isn't paralyzed for goodness sake...
          Last edited by Dave Stalwart; November 27, 2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

That is awesome news! Regardless of when or how soon he plays basketball again, the fact that he is going to be ok is a huge relief. It would be great if he was there Sunday, if nothing else to support his teammates. Here's hoping nothing like this happens to the young man again!

Comment

Thanks for the update @WuDrWu:. I was hoping for something like this. Hopefully he is able to play soon if he is willing. Something like this might find my future athletic endeavours limited to cheering at volleyball and womens' tennis matches.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I have been in a funk since today's loss thinking and praying for a healthy outcome for Grady. I have been reflecting about many things, which I usually do over the Thanksgiving holiday. I am thankful and blessed with the love of family and friends; reasonably good health for myself, family and friends. My heart is full of pride and joy when it comes to my Shockers. Our season will play out as God intends. He asks not of our opinions, which is dificult being this is a fan board. Anton Grady, and all Shocker athletes, provide a great source of pride, joy and entertainment for us. Sometimes we get too wrapped up in wins and losses. This freak accident has reinforced, I hope for longer than the moment, that these kids are real people, with real lives outside of athletics. Like us, they have family and friends that love them, care about them, and in Grady's case are scared to death and are going through emotional pain of their own. May God be with you Anton as you battle to heal from this accident. We all are praying for a health-positive outcome. May you soon stand on your own two feet and hug your mother, father, siblings, teammates and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  I have been in a funk since today's loss thinking and praying for a healthy outcome for Grady. I have been reflecting about many things, which I usually do over the Thanksgiving holiday. I am thankful and blessed with the love of family and friends; reasonably good health for myself, family and friends. My heart is full of pride and joy when it comes to my Shockers. Our season will play out as God intends. He asks not of our opinions, which is dificult being this is a fan board. Anton Grady, and all Shocker athletes, provide a great source of pride, joy and entertainment for us. Sometimes we get too wrapped up in wins and losses. This freak accident has reinforced, I hope for longer than the moment, that these kids are real people, with real lives outside of athletics. Like us, they have family and friends that love them, care about them, and in Grady's case are scared to death and are going through emotional pain of their own. May God be with you Anton as you battle to heal from this accident. We all are praying for a health-positive outcome. May you soon stand on your own two feet and hug your mother, father, siblings, teammates and friends.
                  Wins the internet today.

Comment

RELIEVED! Just fantastic news!!!!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Thanks for the update @WuDrWu:.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Don't really care how long it takes as long as he gets to live the rest of his life in perfect health, but I doubt we will see Anton on the floor anytime soon.

Comment

What wonderful news.

Best of luck Anton and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Comment

The Lord is to be praised for answered prayer for Anton. It is times like these that remind us that we have much to be thankful for. My prayer is for Anton to receive showers of blessings and for the Lord to continue to embrace him with His love and comfort. No matter what happens with basketball, Anton's Shocker dream is also our Squad's dream and he will be daily on our mind and forever a special Shocker to us. The Lord will take care of Anton no matter what happens. We have all seen the play he was injured and he was hustling with all his might. We could not ask for more.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

FSF my brutha you are right on. Well said.
                              Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

When I heard he couldn't move, I was really worried. I'm so glad to hear he is recovering!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X