No announcement yet.

Alabama game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sat along the baseline, it was tough sledding underneath. When Grady would get the ball they had were all over him and physical, hard to get a good shot off uncontested. He's not built like CH or DC. Drives to the basket were met with the same, clogging things up. Baker was constantly doubled. Could have used some whistles. Some of the fouls called on us had me scratching my head. We should have fed MM EVERY time til his arms fell off, he didn't get a lot of touches down the stretch.

Anton Grady, I hope you make a speedy and complete recovery. AG turned to head up court, looked like Bama player put his shoulder right on his jaw and snapped his head sideways. Scary to see our guy lying motionless on the floor. I thought he was knocked out cold.

We've weathered rough patches before, we'll get through this too. Why all the hate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
      Atrocious

yep- six missed layups. this team right now isn't playing angry so much as playing scared. they'll get over it- and at least they are playing hard. in marshall we trust.

best wishes to anton grady.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        That's what I was wondering. Before the time out, the announcers said that Alabama would have 3 seconds left to get it across mid-court. Then when they threw it in and the 30-second clock was down to about 19 seconds, the announcers didn't say anything about a 10-second violation.
        Marshall motioned to the booing fans that the clock reset
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          Count resets if the defense knocks it out of bounds.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...s_20151102.pdf
          k

I read that as it does not reset if the defense knocks if out of bounds
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
            I sat along the baseline, it was tough sledding underneath. When Grady would get the ball they had were all over him and physical, hard to get a good shot off uncontested. He's not built like CH or DC. Drives to the basket were met with the same, clogging things up. Baker was constantly doubled. Could have used some whistles. Some of the fouls called on us had me scratching my head. We should have fed MM EVERY time til his arms fell off, he didn't get a lot of touches down the stretch.

Anton Grady, I hope you make a speedy and complete recovery. AG turned to head up court, looked like Bama player put his shoulder right on his jaw and snapped his head sideways. Scary to see our guy lying motionless on the floor. I thought he was knocked out cold.

We've weathered rough patches before, we'll get through this too. Why all the hate?
            Hate? I don't see any "hate". People show support and concern in different ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              k

I read that as it does not reset if the defense knocks if out of bounds
              You are correct, I read it wrong. Apparently a team timeout does reset the 10 second count though, according to @shockerfanmas: and his officiating message board.

Comment

You are correct, I read it wrong. Apparently a team timeout does reset the 10 second count though, according to @shockerfanmas: and his officiating message board.
                I guess the rationale might be that if a player calls timeout ahilqe the ball is in play, no reset, but if the ball is not in play and the timeout is called, it is similar to a player having an injury having to sit out, but the team could call timeout and allow him to play immediately. Query, can the coach call a timeout when the ball is not in play?

Comment

Correct, that's the way it was explained to me

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    I guess the rationale might be that if a player calls timeout ahilqe the ball is in play, no reset, but if the ball is not in play and the timeout is called, it is similar to a player having an injury having to sit out, but the team could call timeout and allow him to play immediately. Query, can the coach call a timeout when the ball is not in play?
                    The way I understand it, it makes no difference if the offense calls timeout during a live ball or dead ball, the count resets. Which is absolutely ridiculous because it sure as heck isn't rewarding the defense by allowing the offense to bail themselves out my calling a to. But if that's the way the rule reads, so be it. We'll still see teams calling time to save a possession

And to answer your question, yes, the coach can call timeout during a dead ball, but during a live ball the request has to come from a player.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post

Coach Parcells has been my hero for a long time and I agree with his quote.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• well if we are anything like last years Carolina Panthers...then we are a playoff team...losing record or not...so I guess records may be say what you are...but can be interpreted in many ways...Heres to March Madness

Comment

• Tough loss today, tough loss yesterday. Our problem seems to be our shooting coming out of the gate. When you start out 2-19 and 2-15 thats just not the way you want to start a game. We are playing hard, crashing the boards , but not taking advantage due to our poor shooting and sometimes shot selection. Baker was being double team most of the game, and with Grady being a non-factor in thhe post, and Kelly being a non-factor today we were playing 2 on five starting out. Then enter Mr. Mcduffie and he single handily got us untracted, this guy will be a stud. There were times when we were playing 3 freshmen for good stretches and playing pretty good due to some of our returning players lack of production. This will pay off come Febuary and March, long season. I thought Taylor played a solid first half, handled the ball, hit a few key baskets, yes he's raw, everyone agrees he needs to pass first shoot second but again Baker is being double teamed, no inside game , and actually most of Taylors shots were good looks he just didn't hit a good percentage, but then again who did besides Evan, and this was Evans best shooting game of the season. When Fred gets back, and Conner is in the Fold there won't be any of that doubling up on Ron, it will be much easier for Ron. When Freds back there won't be any throwing the ball to Bush with 7 seconds at the three pt. line with the game on the line. The comment on Marshall having a weekness for coming up with plays at the close of halfs are end of game situations is laughable at best.Its funny when shots go in we look good, coaches look smart, when shots don't go in we look terrible and the coach has some flaws. We need to get our inside game going, somehow, to give this team some balance. I think Mcduffie will be a factor, and I'm hoping and praying Anton will be back and getting his game in order. I think as the season goes along Hamilton will start seeing even more time.We need his physicality, especially with Shaq being a no-show this season, that is one of the biggest dissapointments so far in the early season. I hope he becomes a factor. Bush has been showing some glimses of someone who can give us some valuable minutes off the bench, but lets hope we don't have to count on him to be a permanent starter. It's early, I still think we can be the team we thought we could be, we just didn't get the start we were hoping for due to some un-forseen circumstances. Hopefully we can salvage the last game, that would be a nice start to get some confidence back, a few more makes and were 4-1 instead of 2-3. Now lets stay positive, I know its hard to do, and take out these Hawkeyes.

Comment

• I've been pumping Kelly this year. He didn't have a good game yesterday.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Gotta throw in some paragraph breaks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                Gotta throw in some paragraph breaks.
                                Early on here on SN the Madhatter ask me to do the same thing. Since I am a man of few words, and he is a man of reason, I did just that. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X