I see you McDuffie!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see you McDuffie!!

McDuffie made the most of his extra minutes today.

Moving his way up in the rotation.
    The Assman

He should start over Brown
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

He's still a bit sped up. Definitely a little antsy with the ball (especially when dribbling), but he's got solid passing skills and can get to the hoop. He also has a sweet looking outside shot. I like him.

His defense is non-existent. As a freshman, that's somewhat understandable.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think he should be our starting 3. Yes, his defense is lacking, but at least he can score a little bit to make up for it at the other end.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

McD was playing with the "I'm taking it to the rack, try to stop me!" mentality. Our WHOLE TEAM needs a little of this right now. Quit looking for Ron all the time and be damn aggressive! The Big Dog needs to stop in for a little locker room motivational speech.

Comment

McDuffie realized that he is faster than most people trying to guard him. He's a walking mis-match, much like Cle was.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I'd like to see him start at 3 as well. Defensively, Wessel is probably 10 times better but without Fred we need players that look for their own shot to open up the court. After McDuffie scored a little, it got noticeably easier for Baker to move around the court and our passing lanes got wider as well. He's still a freshman, but I'm willing to take the bad with the good because that is what I think the teams needs now. I liked Taylor's confidence as well, but he just wasn't feeling it like McDuffie was. When Fred gets back though I'm starting think our best team will still be the seniors + Kelly though for the additional defense.

Long-term, McDuffie looks like he could be one of the most talented Shockers in recent memory, even potentially playing Association ball. I wouldn't even be surprised if he goes early, as much as I want to see him stay four years. Guys with his height, length, athleticism, and ball-handling are absurdly rare.
              Last edited by CBB_Fan; November 26, 2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I thought Mcduffie was fine on defense except when we went to a zone. He actually caused problems for guys with his length.

Comment

I agree and am totally on the bandwagon with less Wessel and more Mc Duffie until we get some firepower back.

Comment

MM is a very talented playa and proved that today. I doubt he gets to start much if any but I am hoping he get lots of minutes and that the minutes increase as the games march on.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Get his arse in the starting lineup. He's never going to get better at D by playing 10 -15 minutes a game. On the job experience is the fastest way to get better. We also need his scoring mentality and aggressiveness. EW is scrappy, but when we go on offense it's basically 4 on 5 because the other team knows he's a none factor.

Comment

McDuffie played some 4 today too in the second half. Grady was the other post.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                          I thought Mcduffie was fine on defense except when we went to a zone. He actually caused problems for guys with his length.
                          I agree. While I didn't think he was spectacular on the defensive end, I thought he was okay. I must have missed what everybody else was seeing.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            I agree. While I didn't think he was spectacular on the defensive end, I thought he was okay. I must have missed what everybody else was seeing.
                            While we made some mistakes on defense, our team defense wasn't our biggest problem today. We had a few mental mistakes mainly by Freshmen and once by Baker where they lost their man but the effort was there. The main problem, Marshall addressed when he said that we didn't crowd Jovanovich or Boatright enough on their three point baskets. He said that we needed to make them drive (mainly a problem by our 4's and 5's). A couple of times, Grady tried to help out on someone else and he needed to glue himself to Jovanovich and Boatright.

I agree that MM didn't seem to lose his man or play bad defense today.

Comment

Markis doesn't need to start but I do want to see him get his minutes. He definitely has a lot of skill albeit sometimes out of control. He is active defensively, gets his hand on passes and contests shots which is good. Sometimes he just gets lost but that's better than not giving the effort. I think we'll be extremely happy with the February Markis.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                              X