Landry Shamet Injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landry Shamet Injured

Figured I give Landry his own thread. Continue on.
    The Assman

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    Figured I give Landry his own thread. Continue on.
    I always thought he was a more athletic Ron Baker .. I didn't expect him to follow the injury path also ...

Comment

We need him now, but I'll take a Baker-like comeback at the end of the season. Maybe we see similar results...?

Comment

In Gregg we trust. The cavalry is coming.

Comment

I don't think Shamet has taken a redshirt yet, so he could take a medical redshirt and be done for the season. Since Ron redshirted his freshman year, that wasn't an option for him.

Comment

Next man up. Time for the guys to buckle down.

Comment

Has anyone heard official results of the MRI, or are we still just going off the bits and pieces we heard earlier about Landry's foot?
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                We need him now, but I'll take a Baker-like comeback at the end of the season. Maybe we see similar results...?
                Let's hope; IMO, LS is a key piece to the puzzle if we have any aspirations of playing into April. If his injury is more serious than reported and leads to a season ending red-shirt, I'm much less optimistic about March and we likely won't be playing in April. Yes, he'll be a difference maker come tournament time.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  Has anyone heard official results of the MRI, or are we still just going off the bits and pieces we heard earlier about Landry's foot?
                  Updated the bottom of this article with Shamet's injury details. http://shockerhoops.net/index.php/20...-invitational/

Suellentrop said it's a "Shamet's stress reaction is in his left foot, 5th metarasal, according to x-ray. MRI today. Similar to Ron Baker's from his freshman year" https://twitter.com/PaulSuellentrop/status/668879228180516864

N
                  o word on the MRI, unless Kunkel's tweets are in response to MRI results. But not sure.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    Updated the bottom of this article with Shamet's injury details. http://shockerhoops.net/index.php/20...-invitational/

Suellentrop said it's a "Shamet's stress reaction is in his left foot, 5th metarasal, according to x-ray. MRI today. Similar to Ron Baker's from his freshman year" https://twitter.com/PaulSuellentrop/status/668879228180516864

N
                    o word on the MRI, unless Kunkel's tweets are in response to MRI results. But not sure.
                    The 6 to 8 weeks comment came from Marshall. There was a press conference earlier

Comment

Screw it. I would medically redshirt him. Especially with Conner coming on in a few weeks. It would certainly benefit us in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                        Screw it. I would medically redshirt him. Especially with Conner coming on in a few weeks. It would certainly benefit us in the long run.
                        One bright side to this situation is that we will have a solid month from the time Frankamp is eligible to make that decision. If Conner shines, then he can take that medical redshirt and we gain another year of Landry. If the team struggles, he can come back.

Comment

We could feasibly double our 2016/2017 freshman class.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Paging Zach Brown.....

Comment

If you're running 2 sets of guards (hypothetically or course), do you run JRS out with Zach Brown and TT with RB? Or is it RB with ZB, and TT with JRS? Or is there any way to slide MM up to a 2 at some point in time? Maybe Rashard up to a 3? These are just random ideas, trying to come up with some straw at which to grasp. Only "good" option is for our freshmen to grow up quick and our sophomores to come where they were at the end of last year. Just another random thought...any way we become a post dominated team for a few weeks until we get some of our guards back in the game? Pack in a zone, don't let anybody in the paint, and make them shoot over you? Again, grasping...
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                              X