Fred likely out till December 5th, Saint Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    I don't know any answers, but when FVV is back, I have a feeling our backup PGs will be a LOT more effective when FVV is getting a breather -- that's a darn good thing that not a lot of other teams will have going for them come tournament time. Sorta like when FVV was able to give Malcolm some decent rest.
    As many problems as the Shocks had in Orlando, I think that had they been able to get Baker a little rest, they win at least one of those games. Baker will benefit a lot from Van Vleet getting back. Right now, we just need to trust that the trainers know what they are doing and will get him back on the court as soon as it is reasonable to avoid reinjury.

Comment

• All I know is I feel slightly cheated out of amazing November shocker basketball that I have grown accustomed to. At this point, I'd rather be safe than sorry so the remaining portion of the year can be great basketball. Sit Fred an extra week after the trainers say he's "100%".

A win at St Louis is not worth risking Fred making an early comeback. Fool me once...

Comment

• When the trainers say he's 100%, then put his butt in. Trainers already use abundant caution as it is. But only Fred will know when he's truly 100%. And when he is, he is.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

When the trainers say he's 100%, then put his butt in. Trainers already use abundant caution as it is. But only Fred will know when he's truly 100%. And when he is, he is.
          I defer to their decisions, obviously. But if he plays in STL and instantly re-injures the hamstring I'll lose my F'n mind. But I don't want to even speak of this again haha, I'm going to go knock on wood and start a count down to Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
            I defer to their decisions, obviously. But if he plays in STL and instantly re-injures the hamstring I'll lose my F'n mind. But I don't want to even speak of this again haha, I'm going to go knock on wood and start a count down to Saturday.
            We should all remember that a decision will be made based on judgements...................with absolutely no guarantees.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              What about PG playing time in the 2nd half of the Iowa game? Seems like the coaches were starting to try something different, and the returns were better. For as much as JRS is not a scorer (and he isn't, at all), this year he really is doing a pretty good job of actually executing some offense. If the alternative option is both not scoring and not running offense, I'm not sure you're really gaining anything.

Time will tell. Hopefully it doesn't matter at all in a few days and we get to watch an AA play at that position. And Taylor certainly has a higher ceiling and will continue to get reps in an effort to see him approach it.
              In a game like Tulsa where their guards were pressuring anyone with the ball in their hands, I don't think JRS is a good option. But Iowa was focusing on Baker, so JRS wasn't having to rely on stellar ball-handling.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                In a game like Tulsa where their guards were pressuring anyone with the ball in their hands, I don't think JRS is a good option. But Iowa was focusing on Baker, so JRS wasn't having to rely on stellar ball-handling.
                That's a good point. That will be the new gameplan though, until FVV returns. Make literally anyone other than Baker beat you. So far, no one has done so.

Comment

When the trainers say he's 100%, then put his butt in. Trainers already use abundant caution as it is. But only Fred will know when he's truly 100%. And when he is, he is.
                  Yes.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Fred may be the only one who will know if he is 100% yet or not, but he is too competitive to ever admit he is close but not quite 100%.

Comment

• Hoping the NBA scouts get to once again witness Fred's skills at 100% health. Haven't seen any draft boards yet...but again the hammy could produce or not produce some coin going into next year's draft. Still hoping he gets drafted!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Update: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e47869390.html

“I’m feeling pretty good,” VanVleet said. “I was able to complete about 85 percent of practice both days. I was in the majority of the reps in practice, trying to get out there and get a rhythm, see what I can do.”
                        “We want to make sure it’s the right move,” he said. “We don’t want to do anything that’s risky. If you want to put a term on it, doubtful, hopeful, game-time decision. All of those are pretty accurate.”
                        Last edited by shockerofandover0943; December 3, 2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Sounds like he's close if not completely ready.:nevreness:

Let the nervousness begin.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            Sounds like he's close if not completely ready.:nevreness:

Let the nervousness begin.
                            It sounds like he isn't interested in taking chances with it and unnecessarily pushing it. He is welcome to the doctor watching him practice and give his opinion. Being cautious is smart. There are no guarantees though.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              Sounds like he's close if not completely ready.:nevreness:
                              This picture says otherwise: http://i.imgur.com/sm8L82v.png
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                                This picture says otherwise: http://i.imgur.com/sm8L82v.png
                                Okay now that made me laugh

Comment

Working...
                                X