Fred likely out till December 5th, Saint Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
    Could someone explain how this would be possible? Is it that CF's finals are finished and graded or what? If this has already been discussed somewhere else, my apologies.
    Mike Kennedy explained it on the pre-game show that once Conner has completed his final exams and his grades are posted, he will be eligible to play. It is up to Conner to work with his teachers to schedule his exams (if he wants to take them early). The Coach and staff cannot be involved with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
      The Coach and staff cannot be involved with that.
      They don't have to "be involved" in order to be involved!

I'm sure CF is doing all he can to be eligible as soon as he can be!
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
        Mike Kennedy explained it on the pre-game show that once Conner has completed his final exams and his grades are posted, he will be eligible to play. It is up to Conner to work with his teachers to schedule his exams (if he wants to take them early). The Coach and staff cannot be involved with that.
        Are all finals required to he taken? I remember in one of my classes at WSU, the professor told me I didn't need to take the final because I had done so well during the semester.

Comment

Regardless of "final tests", your grade has to be posted. That's all.

Comment

I'm very high on Frankamp but to call him the savior is a bit much. We're going to turn this thing around but it's going to be a team effort. The nice thing about getting Fred and Frankamp is that they should (Fred will) make the guys around them better. But it's gotta be a team effort.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              I'm very high on Frankamp but to call him the savior is a bit much. We're going to turn this thing around but it's going to be a team effort. The nice thing about getting Fred and Frankamp is that they should (Fred will) make the guys around them better. But it's gotta be a team effort.
              I agree that he's not going to save this team but he can make it better. More importantly is how quickly the young guys inside develop. They are a long way from where we need them to be Fred and Conner or no Fred and Conner.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

My perspective is that it is very difficult to predict what kind of impact Conner will have on this team. We simply do not have much of a track record to go on as far as performance at the D-1 level. I am hopeful that he will have very significant impact. However, I am not confident enough in that to make that prediction.

I agree with @pie n eye: that this will need to be a team effort. How the rest of the team responds to the addition of Fred and Conner will be just as important, or perhaps more important, than the addition of Fred and Conner themselves. There is little doubt that Fred will make those around him better. He has large body of work to support that. Conner is still somewhat of an unknown as to exactly what level he can rise to at the D-1 level.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  I agree that he's not going to save this team but he can make it better. More importantly is how quickly the young guys inside develop. They are a long way from where we need them to be Fred and Conner or no Fred and Conner.
                  No way are we 2-4 if Frankamp was eligible first semester, even with Fred's injury. But to call him a savior, I dunno, just seems like a lot to expect from one guy.

Honestly, just add Shamet and we win at least one game in Orlando. This weekend really affirmed, in my mind, how good Landry was before he went down.

Comment

Getting great players in the lineup has an incredible effect on the rest of the lineup. It limits the number of newcomers playing at once. Which has a myriad of benefits. It also reduces significant pressure from those players, as defenses must adjust to the greater known threat, and offenses have a harder time running with another key defender in the lineup.

I like to refer to this as the 'Ryan Jones' effect. See his 2008 statistics in comparison with the rest of his career. In 2008 he hit in the top 3 of a lineup that included Andy Dirks, Clint McKeever, and Conner Gillaspie. He hit a full 70 points higher than his other 3 years when not surrounded by that talent.

Comment

• Connor would make a huge difference. No matter what you thought about his time at KU the score went the right direction when he played. He consistently got the team into the correct sets without turning the ball over. The only item missing was consistent shooting - Which I will blame on Self since he continues to run off shooters that go on and score well elsewhere. The guy doesn't know what to do with a shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        My perspective is that it is very difficult to predict what kind of impact Conner will have on this team. We simply do not have much of a track record to go on as far as performance at the D-1 level. I am hopeful that he will have very significant impact. However, I am not confident enough in that to make that prediction.
                        The one thing I am certain is that Conner will have off-shooting nights, no matter how good he is. And if he can get his hands on them, @JJClamdip: will be here to post baby pictures of Conner in his poopy pants when it happens.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                          No way are we 2-4 if Frankamp was eligible first semester, even with Fred's injury. But to call him a savior, I dunno, just seems like a lot to expect from one guy.

Honestly, just add Shamet and we win at least one game in Orlando. This weekend really affirmed, in my mind, how good Landry was before he went down.
                          Its a snowball affect. When you have multiple threats from outside (more than just Ron), You are going to hit a few more 3s. When you hit more threes, the defense will be more stingy at the arc. When they move out to the arc, the spacing improves allowing the big men to get position where they can go up for a shot without the defense collapsing. If the defense collapses, that 3 point shooter is now open.

We didn't have any consistency this weekend shooting, so they had no problem collapsing.

Comment

• One thing we have to realize is that HCGM and staff will have a week to evaluate tape and get into the lab to mess with the formula. I don't know if we win on Saturday, but don't be surprised if we see a different product on the floor. We can't shoot much worse...so there is plenty of upside.
                            β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Its a snowball affect. When you have multiple threats from outside (more than just Ron), You are going to hit a few more 3s. When you hit more threes, the defense will be more stingy at the arc. When they move out to the arc, the spacing improves allowing the big men to get position where they can go up for a shot without the defense collapsing. If the defense collapses, that 3 point shooter is now open.

We didn't have any consistency this weekend shooting, so they had no problem collapsing.
                              I would also add that you need post players who actually look to kick it back out to the shooters. I'm not seeing that skill demonstrated by our guys yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                I would also add that you need post players who actually look to kick it back out to the shooters. I'm not seeing that skill demonstrated by our guys yet.
                                While that is true .. Since Ron had a guy glued to him at all times. It would be a turnover if they were trying to kick it out to our good 3 point shooters since all of them are on the bench. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X