Fred likely out till December 5th, Saint Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    well, i guess we'll find out if wichita state's second string could win the mvc after all.
    Not really. The competition will be better at this tournament than it will be the majority of the year in the Valley.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
      Hearing that LS injury is worse than one game, maybe end of December at best. Injury not from the fall he took.
      that's getting close to a medical redshirt

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        that's getting close to a medical redshirt
        Anyone know the rules on that? You have to miss at least a third of the season right? Do those games have to be at the beginning of the season?
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          Anyone know the rules on that? You have to miss at least a third of the season right? Do those games have to be at the beginning of the season?
          To gain a medical redshirt for a specific season, the athlete’s illness or injury must occur before the first game of the second half of the team’s schedule. If the team plays an odd number of games, the exact midseason contest is considered part of the second half. For example, if a basketball team plays 25 games, the injury or illness must occur before the start of the team’s 13th game. Games played in postseason tournaments, such as a conference tournament or the NCAA or NIT tournaments, count among the team’s total games played.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            IIRC, you have to miss 75% (EW just squeaked in) and the portion you play cannot be in the second half.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Someone call me when the sky quits falling. I'm going to my bunker.

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                IIRC, you have to miss 75% (EW just squeaked in) and the portion you play cannot be in the second half.
                I think the cut off is 30%; i.e. the student athlete must not play in more than 30% of eligible games.

Comment

I also have a guess at what the rule is and I also am unwilling to look up the actual rule and post it here.

Comment

Basic Qualifications

To qualify for a medical redshirt, a basketball player must sustain an “incapacitating injury or illness.” The injury or illness does not have to be related to basketball, but must take place after the first day of classes in the athlete’s senior year of high school. To gain a medical redshirt for a specific season, the athlete’s illness or injury must occur before the first game of the second half of the team’s schedule. If the team plays an odd number of games, the exact midseason contest is considered part of the second half. For example, if a basketball team plays 25 games, the injury or illness must occur before the start of the team’s 13th game. Games played in postseason tournaments, such as a conference tournament or the NCAA or NIT tournaments, count among the team’s total games played.

Games Played

To gain a medical redshirt, the athlete cannot compete in more than 30 percent of her team’s games within a season, not counting contests officially designated as scrimmages or exhibition games. When such computations are made, fractions are rounded up. For example, if a team plays 27 games, the exact 30 percent mark is 8.1. For the purposes of medical redshirt eligibility, therefore, the player may compete in nine games and still be eligible for a medical redshirt.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Per Suellentrop:
                      "Shamet's stress reaction is in his left foot, 5th metarasel, according to x-ray. MRI Today. Similar to Ron Baker's from his freshman year"

Per Will Kunkel
                      "Landry Shamet could be out 6-8 weeks with a stress fracture. Depends if he gets Surgery on the foot" ... "If Landry Shamet opts to get surgery on his foot he'll not make the trip to Orlando"

Comment

What a day.

Comment

Well boys, I guess we just have to

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

A lot of Shocker Nation are having stress reactions right now.

Comment

What does not kill us makes us stronger. Viva 2013!

Comment

The bench is going to get a good workout this weekend along with Ron. Ron will have to be our American Pharoh

Comment

Working...
                                X