Fred likely out till December 5th, Saint Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred likely out till December 5th, Saint Louis

Fred VanVleet will likely be out until at least Dec. 5, as the Wichita State guard tries to recover from a hamstring injury.

This obviously is a massive blow to our attempt to win our midseason tournament. But ultimately, this is for the best and I wish we hadn't played Fred to this point. I'd rather have 100% Fred back than win in the tournament, because what really matters is the health of our players and what we do at the end of year.

At least FVV wasn't on the SI cover--in that case he probably would have lost his leg!
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
      http://espn.go.com/ncb/story/_/id/14...e-invitational

This obviously is a massive blow to our attempt to win our midseason tournament. But ultimately, this is for the best and I wish we hadn't played Fred to this point. I'd rather have 100% Fred back than win in the tournament, because what really matters is the health of our players and what we do at the end of year.
      First I've heard of Shamet being injured too ... Wonder if its from that fall he took late during the ESU game.

Comment

At the earliest he will be back for the SLU game, but not definite:

"The last thing the doctors told me was probably the Saint Louis game at best."

Also, Landry Shamet is doubtful for the USC game.

Marshall also said backup point guard Landry Shamet's availability for Thursday's game against USC is up in the air. Shamet, a 6-foot-4 freshman who is averaging 8.7 points in three games this season, has a stress reaction and is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Monday.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
          Also, Landry Shamet is doubtful for the USC game.

Marshall also said backup point guard Landry Shamet's availability for Thursday's game against USC is up in the air. Shamet, a 6-foot-4 freshman who is averaging 8.7 points in three games this season, has a stress reaction and is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Monday.
          Ugh x1000.

Comment

Good thing we had Fred against Tulsa.

Comment

Anyone get the sense that this season might shape up much like 2012-2013?

I can see it now. Committee fails to account for team health, or lack thereof, throughout the regular season. Losses to Tulsa and someone in Orlando keep the Shox in the lower half of the top 25 most of the year. Shox get way underseeded, but make a strong run come March with team health and chemistry as strong as ever.

Comment

And why are we giving this story to *******? Marshall should have just given him the finger.

Thursday could get ugly. I wouldn't be completely opposed to just having Ron shoot every time down the floor.

Comment

Woof.

Time for some folks to put on their big boy pants and take advantage of minutes they weren't likely to get this season.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    And why are we giving this story to *******? Marshall should have just given him the finger.
                    This really surprised me too. Maybe Sully has the flu.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Thursday could get ugly. I wouldn't be completely opposed to just having Ron shoot every time down the floor.
                      I disagree, use this to develop for March. Let Ty run the offense, give him QUALITY minutes. Make the Sophomores step up, let Hamilton bang it out down low. As much as I want to see Ron go off for 40 points, I'd rather build confidence in others. We need more than just Fred and Ron late in the year.

Comment

I vote Ron at the 1 and Ty at the 2.

Comment

This weekend would be a great time for Evan to channel his Omaha performance from March.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            This weekend would be a great time for Evan to channel his Omaha performance from March.
                            And Zach Brown ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              I disagree, use this to develop for March. Let Ty run the offense, give him QUALITY minutes. Make the Sophomores step up, let Hamilton bang it out down low. As much as I want to see Ron go off for 40 points, I'd rather build confidence in others. We need more than just Fred and Ron late in the year.
                              Unfortunately I don't think Ty has the ability to run the offense at this point and I don't think scoring 40 points as a team and getting pasted by USC is going to help his confidence much. I really hope he proves me wrong and comes through in Orlando, but right now he's just another Corey Henderson on the offensive end.

Comment

Working...
                              X