**** the NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** the NCAA

I don't watch NBA, which is what they want the college game to be. And I won't watch this garbage.

Absolute horsesh*t.

37 fouls in the first half and we aren't gonna start the 2nd half til about 8:30.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I don't watch NBA, which is what they want the college game to be. And I won't watch this garbage.

Absolute horsesh*t.

37 fouls in the first half and we aren't gonna start the 2nd half til about 8:30.
    Reminds me of the Connecticut game back in 2011. This favors good free-throw shooting teams and takes the rhythm and athleticism out of the game. Will definitely take a while to get used to. Good thing we are deep this year...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Absolute horsesh*t.

It's obvious you don't watch the NBA. If you did, you would know that's not how the games look.

Comment

Momentum is hard to come by with the whistle fest.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

This method of officiating does encourage a lot of one-on-one play. Drives to the basket are worth about 1.6 points per attempt for a good FT-shooting team. There will either be a foul called, or a clear path to a layup.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Teams better work on making throws and solid penetration to the hole. To me, thi takes away from the excitement of the College game. Are we stuck with is all Season or can the rules makers put it back the way it was?
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              Teams better work on making throws and solid penetration to the hole. To me, thi takes away from the excitement of the College game. Are we stuck with is all Season or can the rules makers put it back the way it was?
              As HG3GM said, they kept at it for 2.5 hours -holy moley.

Comment

Who said NCAA basketball was broken? If they think this is better, they are sadly mistaken.

Comment

Hopefully the players will adjust, and that also goes to the refs also. If it does come down to a freethrow shooting contest we should be in pretty good shape

Comment

The refs have to make sure that who initiates the (touch) contact is given the foul. If the offensive player drives and the defender puts his hand on him, then it's a foul on the defender. But if the offensive player drives and puts his hand on the defender, then it should be a foul on the offensive player.

Comment

Changes needed to be made and was pleased that they really tried to also clean-up moving screens. It will take some adjustment by both the players and coaches, but the end product will be better. I know it was a long game but being from out of town and only making 4-5 home games a year, I stayed and watched every second.

Checking box scores, I think are game was the exception. Yes there were more fouls called across the board but not to the extreme we saw. In 18 other top 25 games, there were 3 other games with greater than 50 fouls: Purdue - 51, UConn - 51, and KU - 59. Maybe the refs here in KS had different training:). Only 1 game had less than 30, that was Maryland with 27. I predict for the non-conf. you will see a lot of games with low to mid 40 fouls, still more than last year, but not what we saw tonight. Whistle happy crew.

I thought they called a lot of unnecesary fouls on box outs, etc.. and that really added to the foul count.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                        Hopefully the players will adjust, and that also goes to the refs also. If it does come down to a freethrow shooting contest we should be in pretty good shape
                        Obviously, hand checking is going to be a foul. However, there was a lot of inconsistency when it comes to contact with the body. Players don't know what is a foul and what isn't in those cases. It's pretty obvious when someone rides someone down the entire floor but there were a lot of fouls called, when a player tried to slide his feet and not allow the opponent to just drive around them.

Comment

I just would like to know under these conditions how you're supposed to play defense. You aren't allowed to touch the offensive player but they can barrel into you and get the whistle. You aren't allowed to jump straight up on a rebound after an effective box out because a foul will be called. Honestly, how are you supposed to stay in front of your man, shuffling your feet to keep him in front of you when the end result occurs when the offensive player runs into you with his hand extended and foul is called on you.

You're encouraged to just watch your opponent score a layup than play defense. It's horse feces.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The NBA is a far more watchable product than CBB is. If you think CBB wasn't broken before this year I really don't know what to tell you. It was bad. Almost un-watchable in many cases.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                              The NBA is a far more watchable product than CBB is. If you think CBB wasn't broken before this year I really don't know what to tell you. It was bad. Almost un-watchable in many cases.
                              Uh...

No.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X