Student Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Section

Hey ShockerNet. I'm from the student section(I hold down the front row), but is there any thing you guys would like to see us do? Or do differently? Any input would be great. Go shox

Be cheerleaders. Use your youthful enthusiasm to get us old geezers going during down times. Disembowel the 200 or so students that pick up tickets and don't use them.

Bring more coeds to the games. In the front row.

Comment

ORGANIZE.

Be loud. Be crazy. Get inside our opponents' heads. Go apeshit over our team.

You won't realize how good we have it until later on in life. Don't ever take Top 10 good for granted.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Doc, just picked up a ticket from a guy who couldn't go and now giving it to someone who can. We're trying to fill it up. And fever, I know it. I've had season tickets since I was a little kid and now I'm finally in the student section. I get hyped every game. Now just trying to get everyone hyped. Thanks for the replies though

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxxxx View Post
          Doc, just picked up a ticket from a guy who couldn't go and now giving it to someone who can. We're trying to fill it up. And fever, I know it. I've had season tickets since I was a little kid and now I'm finally in the student section. I get hyped every game. Now just trying to get everyone hyped. Thanks for the replies though
          Life is very good for you, then!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxxxx View Post
            Doc, just picked up a ticket from a guy who couldn't go and now giving it to someone who can. We're trying to fill it up.
            This is something I would do when I was a student too. I just wish everyone would do it. The lower half of the student section is always pretty great. Just wish there was some way to involve the upper half more (and get them to show up...)

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

It would be cool to get the whole crowd going like that, but when I try and dance people think I need medical attention.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Agree with Fever, get ORGANIZED. Form a committee of front rowers/regulars, and meet a week or so before each game to discuss strategy, cheers, taunts, and signs. Distribute handouts to the entire student section with cheers and taunts and at what points during the game to do those. Form favorites over time and stick to them, but always introduce new material at each game.

Coordinate with the band.

Make Marshallville a BIG F***IN' DEAL.

Make hilarious fatheads like Betty White, the Trump, and the guy from Ancient Aliens.

Strive for original ideas like ASU's Curtain of Distraction or Taylor University's Silent Night.

Confetti is your friend (but stay in good graces with CKA staff and help clean up after the game).

Costumes can be funny, distracting, and get you on TV.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Get people in the front row of the upper student section to help coordinate the cheers/jeers.
                    Figure something noisy/distracting out for opponents free throws and late clock situations. Both will be plentiful this season.
                    I also suggest yelling "NO TOUCHING" when they foul us in the first half.

Be loud all game.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Get something unique, creative, funny, but not obscene going for free throws. Something unusual that could engage the entire crowd.

And don't wait until the guy is shooting, get it going LONG before the guy even steps up to the line. The shooter's peak concentration begins when he's studying the rim. THAT'S when you must have the crescendo, not waiting until he's releasing -- by then he has tuned the crowd out. But if you get in his dome and distract him while he's studying the rim and taking his last dribble -- he's yours.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The visual distractorsfor free throws should be up about row 21-25 (estimated), because thatt is where the sight-line is of the FT shooter.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Also we need a go-to "cry baby" jeer for whenever an opponent argues or pleads with a ref. There's nothing worse than being taken out of your game mentally by a hard foul that went uncalled and then having a bunch of fans calling you a whiner while you ... well ... whine about it to the official.

And if the opposing COACH starts whining .... oh boy!! :)
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Also we need a go-to "cry baby" jeer for whenever an opponent argues or pleads with a ref. There's nothing worse than being taken out of your game mentally by a hard foul that went uncalled and then having a bunch of fans calling you a whiner while you ... well ... whine about it to the official.

And if the opposing COACH starts whining .... oh boy!! :)
                            Maybe the "whine - er" chant could follow the player for a while like the "air ball" chant!
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

After a missed free throw . . . "Shock bait! hoo-ha-ha!" (think Finding Nemo)

Comment

Working...
                              X