• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLAST FROM THE PAST

Wyoming transfer Ogirri counts days until he plays again
    Austin Ward, Special to the Rocky
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ben Woloszyn / Special To The Rocky/2007

Sean Ogirri, a former Denver East athlete now at Wyoming, says, "I always wish I could be out there playing."
    Related StoriesTop 25 basketball
    Beasley named Big 12's top player
    One and poorly done for CU woman
    More College BasketballRams finally get to sample sweet taste of victory
    One and poorly done for CU woman
    Top 25 basketball
    Story Tools
    Email this Print this Comments Change text size Subscribe to print edition iPod friendly Share this site The shots still count.

They don't win state championships for Denver East High School or NCAA Tournament games, but they still matter.

And whether a title is on the line or just extra sprints for the Wyoming starters, one-time Wichita State player and current Cowboys practice-teamer Sean Ogirri treats them all the same.

"But, obviously, it's a little different experience right now," Ogirri said.
    [Staff Edit: Please only post a short excerpt and a link to the article. Thank you.]

Sean

Thanks for the post. Sean is a really decent young man and I hope he has a great senior season and life.

Comment

why'd he transfer in the first place?

Comment

Off-court issues

Comment

Is there a link???

Comment

NOTE TO STAFF (THIS IS NOT A SUBSCRIPTION ARTICLE)

Comment

Originally posted by Shockfan8
              http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/12/wyoming-transfer-ogirri-counts-days-until-he/

NOTE TO STAFF (THIS IS NOT A SUBSCRIPTION ARTICLE)
              Actually, it doesn't matter. From the posting guidelines:

Content from other sites: It is illegal to post content from a subscription-based website, such as ESPN Insider, on other websites. This cannot and will not be allowed here. Additionally, posting full articles from any other site is a potential copyright infringement. You may post only an excerpt from the article and a link to the article's source.
              That article is still copyrighted and without permission cannot be reproduced in its entirety.

Comment

Damn. I remember all of the off season posts from last year talking about if ogirri came back then he wouldn't see time anyways. I think we all know he would have helped us so much this year

Comment

Sorry, I will just keep them to myself from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by kpi03
                    Damn. I remember all of the off season posts from last year talking about if ogirri came back then he wouldn't see time anyways. I think we all know he would have helped us so much this year
                    Really? I defy you to find one comment that said Sean would have a hard time finding playing time for on the court performance.

I know he struggled during the latter half of the season but I think everyone realizes he was our only shooter.

Perhaps I am mistaken.........

Comment

Shockfan8, all you have to do is post the link. The copyright and rules here exist because the Rocky Mountain News (or whomever with copyrighted content) want eyeballs on THEIR site so they can justify what advertisers on their site are charged. If we all want free content on the internet, that is the "price" we pay. If you had a site that depended upon page views for revenue, you would want people to link to you like crazy, and not just copy and paste. Part of the current paradigm of our WWW world.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks SB

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by kpi03
                          I think that talk was because no one really thought he would be eligible to even get on the court. That's why he wouldn't have seen time. It wasn't on-the-court stuff, but all the other stuff that was going on.

Comment

There were off court issues and those wondering how much time he'd get because of defense and what appeared to be a lack of effort at times. We knew Marshall was big on D and effort. But nothing quite like what kpi has said.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

subgod pretty much hit it on the head when he wasn't performing well towards the end of last season and injured i remember hearing alot of mumbles about he would be coming off the bench if he returned ect. Doesn't really matter now I was just saying i wish he would have been back because his scoring would have helped our team in a big way. Plus it just hurts to lose players to other schools in general(if they can play) to me

Comment

Working...
                              X