Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    "HCMM," im4?

Is that 'head coach Mrs. Marshall," the one who made sure that Mr. Lynn stuck around?
    can't think and type at the same time.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Look who/what got a mention from the SportingNews:

Booster fundraising made a solid push to keep Marshall with the Shockers and the school was able to offer him a new contract worth $3 million in base salary, according to ShockerHoops.net. That figure puts him tenth among active college basketball coaches: just below Tom Crean's $3.045 million base, and above Bo Ryan's $2.946 million, according to USA Today's data.

Comment

Add a tweet (and retweet), from Andy Katz and Eamonn Brennan, respectively:

Andy Katz @ESPNAndyKatz
        If you want to know why Gregg Marshall didn't leave Wichita. Read this: $3 million a year: shockerhoops.net/index.php/2015…

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Add a tweet (and retweet), from Andy Katz and Eamonn Brennan, respectively:
          And the required Alabama fans commenting how they are glad they didn't get Marshall because Avery Johnson will be better

Comment

IMO, Avery Johnson will be a huge step-up, great get for them. That being said, he is a far, far cry from 3G
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

19 posts about it on WSU's forum.

4 pages and counting on the KU forum.

What is it some of you like to say? Rent free? Just some great reading over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

What is it some of you like to say? Rent free? Just some great reading over there.
                Why did you peak my curiosity and make me go over there?

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

IMO their discussion has been both thoughtful and perceptive for the most part.

Comment

"Thoughtful" and "perceptive" don't seem like words typically used to describe KU fans. But I'll take your word for it.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                      Shocker Mama commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Must have gone to the wrong forum.

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                    IMO their discussion has been both thoughtful and perceptive for the most part.
                    I was a little surprised, too. Of course, there are still the Phog-imposed minimum of morons.

Comment

NM
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        I was a little surprised, too. Of course, there are still the Phog-imposed minimum of morons.
                        Five (5) pages and counting now; yes, that poster named Squid is a typical JoCo fan - in fact, given the quality of his posts and exhibited thought processes, I think he might actually be a squid.

A snapshot of their posts is that HC3G has earned his contract and that only a few schools will be able to put together a package that might entice him to leave Wichita. Kentucky, if Calipari goes to the NBA, is their choice for the most likely school to make a grab and maybe UNC if the NCAA actually imposes major sanctions that forces Roy out. IMO they are correct, I don't see HC3G going to any other P5 school and I am not even that positive about Kentucky. An offer from UNC would require a major departure from their past hiring history.

Comment

"14 coaches making at least $3 million in 2017-18" - ESPN

Posted: 02/28/18, 3:07 PM CT

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski ($8.98 million) and Kentucky coach John Calipari ($7.45 million) continue to top the list of highest-paid men's basketball coaches, as more than 14 coaches are taking in at least $3 million this season, according to USA Today.

"While the debate over paying college athletes continues, 14 men's basketball coaches earned at least $3 million this season, according to an annual list published Wednesday by USA Today...."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski ($8.98 million) and Kentucky coach John Calipari ($7.45 million) continue to top the list of highest-paid men's basketball coaches, as more than 14 coaches are taking in at least $3 million this season, according to USA Today.

"While the debate over paying college athletes continues, 14 men's basketball coaches earned at least $3 million this season, according to an annual list published Wednesday by USA Today...."
                            Still have him on MVC
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...illion-2017-18

Chris Holtmann got 7 million ... holy crap.

EDIT: I think that's a typo ...i'm seeing it at 3.1 most places. Plus Gregg is at 3.5 million now.

Comment

Working...
                              X