Conner Frankamp throwing it DOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to Conner Frankamp.

Gregg's quotes in his interview with Seth Greenberg..........

“He’s the best shooter I’ve ever been around. I’ve been coaching now, this will be my 31st year, and he’s the single best shooter that I’ve ever been around. He can score in a variety of ways, he can handle the ball, he’s got a really tight handle. We’re working on some of the other parts of his game to make him fit in and be a prime-time player for us. But on that one end for sure, he’s elite."

He also said that he doesn't know how another team will stop the Shockers when Fred, Ron, Conner, and Anton or Rashard are in the game at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      Are you saying that it would be enticing for Conner to stick it up Bill's ass by making himself into a pro at Wichita State?
      That's what I'd want to do. I can't imagine the euphoria you'd enjoy being successful here, winning championships and personally succeeding at the highest level and becoming a pro and being able to tell an arrogant ass like Self and the ku haters I told you.

Comment

Conner has about 10'weeks to learn to defend like what's left of his hair is on fire! If that happens? April is going to be one hell of a month!
        Livin the dream

Comment

Interesting point, wufan -- I've noticed Conner's hairline, too. At least in Marshall's interview where he talked about Grady having an old man game he didn't say anything about Frankamp having old man hair.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            He also said that he doesn't know how another team will stop the Shockers when Fred, Ron, Conner, and Anton or Rashard are in the game at the same time.
            Take that lineup and put Zach Brown in with it. That leaves Wessel and Morris ready to come in. I don't know that that lineup would ever occur other than when Wessel is taking a breather, but that's a very scary lineup.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

NM
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Take that lineup and put Zach Brown in with it. That leaves Wessel and Morris ready to come in. I don't know that that lineup would ever occur other than when Wessel is taking a breather, but that's a very scary lineup.
                He specifically mentioned Anton or Rashard at the 4. When I read into that, it means one of Shaq, Rauno, or Bush at the 5. Not that Anton will never play the five, but I got the impression Anton is a 4.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  He specifically mentioned Anton or Rashard at the 4. When I read into that, it means one of Shaq, Rauno, or Bush at the 5. Not that Anton will never play the five, but I got the impression Anton is a 4.
                  I'm not sure what 3G meant but he gushed several times when talking about Rashard and Anton. The others were barely mentioned. It may have been an oversight or not.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I'd imagine something like Bush at the 5. Shaq off the bench for Bush. Anton & Rashard cylce the 4. Rauno plays utility 4/5.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Something I noticed in the interview, unless I just completely missed it, I don't recall any mention of Zach Brown either,and we all know what he is capable of. If I was a WSU opponent and knew that a guy that good wasn't even getting a mention, I'd be extremely concerned about my chances of looking like a JV squad.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Im not quite sure why everyone keeps saying Rauno will play the 5. Is there something I dont know? A secret forum perhaps where this talk is going on? Has coach ever specifically mentioned that he's going to the 5? Is everyone assuming that since he's so tall he should be playing the 5?
                        Is there anything he did last year or any of his previous years of playing basketball that says "Rauno Nurger is a center"?

AT BEST he's a "Euro 5" And thats okay. I've said it before and Ill say it again the guy is Kyle Wilson all over again. And thats a scary good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          I'm not sure what 3G meant but he gushed several times when talking about Rashard and Anton. The others were barely mentioned. It may have been an oversight or not.
                          He was asked specifically about Kelly and Grady. He tried to get others mixed in with his answer on his own.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                            Im not quite sure why everyone keeps saying Rauno will play the 5. Is there something I dont know? A secret forum perhaps where this talk is going on? Has coach ever specifically mentioned that he's going to the 5? Is everyone assuming that since he's so tall he should be playing the 5?
                            Is there anything he did last year or any of his previous years of playing basketball that says "Rauno Nurger is a center"?

AT BEST he's a "Euro 5" And thats okay. I've said it before and Ill say it again the guy is Kyle Wilson all over again. And thats a scary good thing.
                            I'll explain my rationale. From everything I've heard about the off season that Bush has had, his minutes will be way up, and probably starts. He's a natural 5. Same with Shaq, he's a natural 5, at least in this lineup. Anton has played the 5, but due to his knees is better suited for the 4, and with this lineup, fits in at the 4. Rashard is a natural 4. Rauno is the enigma. I said he's a utility 4/5 in this lineup, taking into account all of what I've previously wrote, he's the glue guy that plays what ever post position is needed based on the situation. Who's in foul trouble? Shaq? Ok, Bush is still winded, put Rauno in. Vice versa with the 4. And it's not like I'm saying this is set in stone that Shaq will never play the 4, or Anton never plays the 5 this year, I just think Rauno in this lineup is the piece that has the ability to be the most flexible between the post.

That's just my observation from last year, and hearing reports on the development in the off season. And not reflective of Coach's comments, because I think he was just trying to get as much info out about as many guys as he could when he's asked specifically about one player. I love that about his interviews, constantly looking to give shoutouts to the guys who don't get questions asked about them.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Conner is now a Shocker. That's all that really matters now. How he got here doesn't matter. How he contributes going forward does. I hope Conner breaks the 3pt made in a season and developed a good defensive game.

People tend to forget, but as a freshmen he was playing better ball than any guard on KU at the end of the season. He was basically the only one in the tournament that played well for them.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                He was asked specifically about Kelly and Grady. He tried to get others mixed in with his answer on his own.
                                That's true.

Comment

Working...
                                X