Fans around the U.S. respect Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans around the U.S. respect Wichita State

I'm at a PVA (paralyzed veterans association) retreat with my father-in-law in Potosi MO, and am sporting my WSU gear. Had several comments, but my favorite interaction was with a UK family.

A little boy (maybe 5) and his older brother (maybe 10) were sporting UK hats with their parents. I asked the youngest if he wanted to trade me hats as I took mine off. He looked at it and seemed confused (it was the baseball W) until I said "Wichita State". He stepped back and said, "Nuh uh." His brother gave me an emphatic thumbs down and his parents and I laughed. They certainly knew who WSU is and they do NOT like them.
    Over all, lots of good comments and discussion. Feels good to feel respect for WSU now.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by shock View Post
    I'm at a PVA (paralyzed veterans association) retreat with my father-in-law in Potosi MO, and am sporting my WSU gear. Had several comments, but my favorite interaction was with a UK family.

A little boy (maybe 5) and his older brother (maybe 10) were sporting UK hats with their parents. I asked the youngest if he wanted to trade me hats as I took mine off. He looked at it and seemed confused (it was the baseball W) until I said "Wichita State". He stepped back and said, "Nuh uh." His brother gave me an emphatic thumbs down and his parents and I laughed. They certainly knew who WSU is and they do NOT like them.
    Over all, lots of good comments and discussion. Feels good to feel respect for WSU now.
    hmm.. what? really? it sounds like they didn't respect wichita state at all.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      It was a dislike for WSU, which is a sign of prominence.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Was at the chiefs game last night and sported my wsu hat and shirts and got a lot of go shockers and a few f the shockers. I took it as yea they've made it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktop23 View Post
          and a few f the shockers.
          There's quite a few of NE Kansas' finest up there. #78-65
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
            If they didn't know who WSU was, they wouldn't have backed away so quickly -- but they know. Kentucky fans know.

Comment

I have been doing training in agoura hills, ca and wore my wsu pullover and my wsu shirt on the flight out (different days) and had a guy comment on the plane from Denver to Los Angeles and a cashier at trader joes in California said wsu? Cool!

Comment

Working...
              X