X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Road Uniforms

Look nice.

shockers.jpg

Kellen just posted a pic of Baker's uni. Looks even better up close.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Hmmm. I'm not sure I'm wild about them. They're not bad, just not a step-up from last year's, IMO. I'll be curious to see the home version. It may take some time for them to grow on me.

Comment

This might help you; I know it did me...

The official 2024-25 Men's Basketball Roster for the Wichita State Shockers
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The font on "Shockers" is kind of meh to me at first glance. I do like the font on the numbers, as I believe it's the same as on last year's yellow unis.

Comment

For me personally, I like how the yellow seems to stand out a little more. I'm not a fan of the silver or black unis from last year (comparatively speaking). I've said often I would love to see us rock some black MTXE unis and the MTXE unis more in general, as long as yellow is a prominent enough color. But this is definitely a start.

Interested to see if this affects our home uniforms at all. I like the home whites, but wouldn't mind seeing us change things up.

I guess it all depends on what you prefer, but that's just my opinion.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Impressive looking freshman class.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                This might help you; I know it did me...

http://www.goshockers.com/roster.aspx?path=m_bkb
                LOL! Yeah, the only guy I picked out at first blush was Shamet.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                  The font on "Shockers" is kind of meh to me at first glance. I do like the font on the numbers, as I believe it's the same as on last year's yellow unis.
                  It actually appears to be the same font as last year's yellow uniforms for both the numbers and the letters, but the yellow uniforms had Shockers in an arch instead of straight like these ones.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

These have the "old school" traditional jersey look. The sleeve holes and the neck line are not the sleeveless t-shirt look that most of today's uniforms are going towards. Interested to see the look on the court. The waistband will probably not be visible in game play where the shirt is not tight tucked.

Comment

Started to say these will look great on CBS while winning the national championship in April.

Then I remembered we'll be wearing white in March/April.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        It actually appears to be the same font as last year's yellow uniforms for both the numbers and the letters, but the yellow uniforms had Shockers in an arch instead of straight like these ones.
                        Interesting. Great observation! Yeah, I think I like those better because of the arch.. The new ones are already growing on me a bit. I do like the "traditional" feeling of them. Personally, I'd like it if all the uniforms were consistent about fonts, at least. I thought it was kind of strange that we had three different uniform ideas in three different fonts last year...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                          Personally, I'd like it if all the uniforms were consistent about fonts, at least. I thought it was kind of strange that we had three different uniform ideas in three different fonts last year...
                          Guessing it will be actually four different fonts/looks this year: Home whites (are they changed this year?), new away blacks, alternate yellows, alternate grays. Could be a fifth if they do another retro MTXE night. Guess someone likes variety, rather than uniformity.

On another note, looking at the pic Kellen Marshall put up would indicate there to be some sort of detail on the side of the new away black shorts (in addition to Wu).

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            Guessing it will be actually four different fonts/looks this year: Home whites (are they changed this year?), new away blacks, alternate yellows, alternate grays. Could be a fifth if they do another retro MTXE night. Guess someone likes variety, rather than uniformity.

On another note, looking at the pic Kellen Marshall put up would indicate there to be some sort of detail on the side of the new away black shorts (in addition to Wu).
                            The influence of Nike? In the midst of our Final Four run, they changed our black road unis from the B team Jumpman line to the A Team Nike line and with continued success, they've signed the Nike uniform deal with basketball. Nike has tried in other sports (football) and with other colleges to create different looks. I'm curious how much input Nike has on this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                              The influence of Nike? In the midst of our Final Four run, they changed our black road unis from the B team Jumpman line to the A Team Nike line and with continued success, they've signed the Nike uniform deal with basketball. Nike has tried in other sports (football) and with other colleges to create different looks. I'm curious how much input Nike has on this stuff.
                              That's a good question. Wonder if Marshall would get pissed at a uni question on one of his coach's shows?

We did seem to get a bounce in uniform design after the F4 and subsequent success, but I still feel our stuff is a little more utilitarian than most of the other programs populating the top 25. Of course we can always laugh at the fact that Creighton got our uniform design 1.5 years after we first sported it in the F4.

Comment

Working...
                              X