No announcement yet.

The story of Darren Thomas and his love of the Shockers by Shane Ewing at KAKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The story of Darren Thomas and his love of the Shockers by Shane Ewing at KAKE

Grab a box of kleenex if you happen to be cutting onions while watching this video. http://www.kake.com/sports/headlines...326538551.html

That's one contagious smile that Darren has. What a wonderful guy. I've always seen him at the games since I was a kid in the 90's and always was so envious of his seats he's sat in over the years. I'm fairly certain he used to sit over by the water fountains in a fold out chair during the Randy years.

Shane Ewing did a great job with this segment. Many thanks for getting this story out, it's a great one.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Saw that first thing this morning. Good stuff.

Comment

i remember him from the early 80's. he is wichita state's #1 fan! (forevershockerfan might have to settle for #2 on this one)

Comment

Great story! If that doesn't bring a tear to your eye you should pluck a nose hair to make sure you are still alive.

What a privilege to be a Shocker !

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          i remember him from the early 80's. he is wichita state's #1 fan! (forevershockerfan might have to settle for #2 on this one)
          After watching that, FSF is not even on the charts compared to Darren. What dedication and passion he has for our beloved Shockers and we are blessed he is on our side. I would have loved to seen him throw a football back in his prime. God bless you Darren Thomas!!!!!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

He is doing a t-shirt fundraiser to help get a chair suitable for wheelchair basketball, as well do some ramps and such for his home. Here is the link to get at D-Force Unstoppable t-shirt.

Darren Thomas needs your help!  He is one of Wichita State University's all time great fans.  He wants to compete in wheelchair basketball, wheelchair racing and other sports!  He also needs help in making the home more handicapped accessible with ramps, bathroom remodeling and other accessories.  Darren is an...
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Beautiful story. Makes me thankful and proud to be part of Shocker nation.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                After watching that, FSF is not even on the charts compared to Darren. What dedication and passion he has for our beloved Shockers and we are blessed he is on our side. I would have loved to seen him throw a football back in his prime. God bless you Darren Thomas!!!!!!!
                i'd always thought, since way back when, that he looked strong and stoic in the face of his medical condition. to see him break down with such emotion like that pulled at my heart.. kind of made me gasp for air.

'shockers and darren are still looking good!

Comment

Very, very cool.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I remember seeing him at football games in late 70s early 80s. He wore what I thought was a Rams jersey which turns out WSU had that style? at one point.

Comment

cool story, what a great smile and to know he is a Shocker fan and has such a relationship with coach and our program makes it even more special

Comment

Working...
                      X