Athlon top 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon top 25

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Looks like there's a reason I've never heard of these idiots.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Its one of he major preview magazines
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        Its one of he major preview magazines
        I know who they are. I was just being a smart ass because of how misinformed whoever it is that wrote this article is.

Comment

I love how Cal goes from a nobody last year to a PAC-10 contending Top 15 team this year.

Compared to some other teams' question marks, I think 14 is a bit of a slap to the face. Lazy, lazy journalism.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I love how Cal goes from a nobody last year to a PAC-10 contending Top 15 team this year.

Compared to some other teams' question marks, I think 14 is a bit of a slap to the face. Lazy, lazy journalism.
            Exactly what I was thinking. Move up a bunch of teams whose best players have never played a minute of college ball and push proven teams down. Thank you national media for finding a way to continue to give 3G and the guys more and more locker room material.

Comment

Exactly, Shockda -- I'd say e-mail it to Marshall, but you know he's already fully aware and has it in his arsenal for use as required.

Comment

Warning: DO NOT! click on the Pirelli calendar link at work. It is definitely NSFW.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Warning: DO NOT! click on the Pirelli calendar link at work. It is definitely NSFW.
                  There is also a "Write for Athlon" banner to the right of the article.

I remember when they where a premier magazine that at least paid for content, and sold a product of some quality. Probably another publication that has gone from mediocre straight into the gutter.

Comment

Sounds like there's more to get worked up about...

@franfraschilla: Saw where Athlon's Magazine didn't have Ron Baker or Denzel Valentine on any of their 3 AA Teams. Wish they could have been at Pan Am Games.

Comment

Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
                      Sounds like there's more to get worked up about...

@franfraschilla: Saw where Athlon's Magazine didn't have Ron Baker or Denzel Valentine on any of their 3 AA Teams. Wish they could have been at Pan Am Games.
                      That would mean leaving mom's basement, not gonna happen/
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post
                        There is also a "Write for Athlon" banner to the right of the article.

I remember when they where a premier magazine that at least paid for content, and sold a product of some quality. Probably another publication that has gone from mediocre straight into the gutter.
                        I think the print competition in the early 2000s made it difficult to stay competitive, and then the internet competition made pull out all the stops to stay in business.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I think the print competition in the early 2000s made it difficult to stay competitive, and then the internet competition made pull out all the stops to stay in business.
                          Yes, and when pulling out all the stops includes soliciting amateurs to write articles you are officially out of the information/content business and officially exist solely to get clicks and sell ad space.

Put the nail in Athlon, they are done.

Comment

Subjective BS, based mostly on last years hype. I doubt the writer spent more than five minutes thought on that list.

Comment

Athlon used to be one of the best mags out there back in the old print days. It doesn't look like this guy did any research at all. Sad how far an once proud publication has fallen to hire this guy to do this prediction. Maybe they already had him on salary as an janitor or security guard and figured why spend the extra bucks hiring somebody knowledgeable about college basketball.

Comment

Working...
                              X