Warren Jones dismissed from Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Jones dismissed from Bradley

He's their leading returning scorer. I believe he was in trouble part of last season, too.

Bradley is now playing with 8 freshmen, 1 sophomore and 2 seniors next year.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      Bradley is now playing with 8 freshmen, 1 sophomore and 2 seniors next year.
      And yet they still can't possibly be any worse than they have been lately, so I expect them to be better than what we have been used to...

Comment

I mean, I look at Warren Jones getting dismissed and all I can think is that it's probably not that big of a loss. They were #284 last year. He led basically a 300 RPI team in scoring last year with 11.9 points a game.

1:1 A/TO ratio. 2.6 bounds...65% from free throw.

It is entirely possible and even likely that a newcomer will fill his role and there is every reason to believe a brand new roster can pull off something better than #284 RPI :) I hate to be mean, but I look at an all freshman roster and a new coach like guaranteed improvement for the Gargles.

The idea of an all new Bradley team has my Valley blood wondering if maybe this is the regime that can bring them back.

Here's the roster if anyone wants a quick link:

Comment

Brian Wardle has a major challenge in front of him. Bradley patience will surely be tested. I hope he is an enormous success. Of course, if he is, Bradley will need to pony up 3 million to keep him.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Bradley has season tickets for as low as $110.00. They have also designated an upper tier area as a "Family Section" where you get 4 seats for $150 ( or $2.21 per seat pergame). Addtionally they are offering a "Young Alumni" discount for 2013, 2014 and 2015 graduates.

Butts in the seats.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              Bradley has season tickets for as low as $110.00. They have also designated an upper tier area as a "Family Section" where you get 4 seats for $150 ( or $2.21 per seat pergame). Addtionally they are offering a "Young Alumni" discount for 2013, 2014 and 2015 graduates.

Butts in the seats.
              I remember being a teen in the early 90s and my Dad got us a "6 pack" deal every year. Six games, a hot dog and a small coke for $60. Some of my best memories!
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                I remember being a teen in the early 90s and my Dad got us a "6 pack" deal every year. Six games, a hot dog and a small coke for $60. Some of my best memories!
                That's cool that he'd take you to Peoria.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                  The Braves would have been a much more enjoyable team to cheer for at that time.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                    Now that was great.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Times are hard when you have to split a hot dog and coke over six games.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post

Butts in the seats.
                        Bradley actually has decent attendance numbers for how atrocious they've been. It's really respectable as a fan base, reminds me of WSU in the 90's.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          He's their leading returning scorer. I believe he was in trouble part of last season, too.

http://www.pjstar.com/article/201508...4/12701/SPORTS
                          I gotta' be the first to say it, at least he has some taste. Big Al's has some very nice scenery.

Probably much nicer scenery than any basketball game in Peoria.

Comment

@shocka khan: I mentioned it elsewhere on this board that I played in a Big Al sponsored golf tournament years ago. The beer cart girls and hole prizes were, uh, interesting.
                            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                              @shocka khan: I mentioned it elsewhere on this board that I played in a Big Al sponsored golf tournament years ago. The beer cart girls and hole prizes were, uh, interesting.
                              That sounds like it was a very memorable day! I bet you really remember the scenery!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X