Hawkins out at Illinois State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkins out at Illinois State?

Per Redbirdfan.net, Teddy Hawkins is no longer with the team. There has been some speculation on that board this summer that he would be gone after this year due to grades. While on the team trip to Spain, Teddy played in the first two games but not the third. It appears he was sent home though I could not confirm that based on the message board.
    Livin the dream

Welp, nobody on this board here should be surprised. We even warned those Redbird fans that this would happen.

Comment

LOL
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Sounds like he would have to be headed for JUCO then. Wasn't this going to be his sophomore year even though he's 28? And he had to have burned like 3 transfer years by now. JUCO is probably exactly where he belongs.

That or ETSU. Forbes ought to look into that :)

Props to Muller for successfully losing his entire roster. Don't coaches usually do that in their first year? Not their 4th or 5th?

Would it be hilarious or a horribly bad idea if WSU regains him again somehow?

Comment

Teddy was a talent but flawed. School was never his strong suit but as was pointed out on that other site that shall remain nameless...perhaps it was an injury or maybe he was sent home to reflect on his future. Whatever happens I hope he lands on his feet. Even if he is a redbird.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            Sounds like he would have to be headed for JUCO then. Wasn't this going to be his sophomore year even though he's 28? And he had to have burned like 3 transfer years by now. JUCO is probably exactly where he belongs.

That or ETSU. Forbes ought to look into that :)

Props to Muller for successfully losing his entire roster. Don't coaches usually do that in their first year? Not their 4th or 5th?

Probably the latter.

Comment

Horribly bad. The Shockers have plenty of talent, and they don't need someone like Teddy to cause trouble with his attitudes and behavior. He wouldn't fit the Marshall / FVV / Baker / team culture, and it turns out he may have done WSU a favor by moving on. Whom do you suppose, at least in terms of attitude and demeanor, he resembles more closely from the famous Play Angry vs. Play Sleepy moment in last year's NCAA: Brown or Oubre?

If he gets a wake-up call -- actually, he's had more than one already, it sounds like; he just hasn't answered them -- he might be an asset to Forbes at ETSU. But he'd be a risk. Maybe he'd fit in at K-State or with Marcus Foster at Blue U. I wish him no ill, but I'm glad he's elsewhere. Good luck to him, because it seems like he may need it.
              Last edited by WSUwatcher; August 14, 2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Creighton does seem like a perfect fit. They had that experience with P'Allen Stinnett so they should be able to handle it.

Comment

I haven't seen this announced on B/R yet -- probably not noteworthy enough, do you think? :friendly_wink:
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

He should just stay in Spain. If doing the things required of a student athlete isn't his thing, then just go play professionally.

I feel bad for this kid, it seems like he's thrown away his future multiple times.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Creighton does seem like a perfect fit. They had that experience with P'Allen Stinnett so they should be able to handle it.
                      If he can't make the academics at a "Public University" how could he expect to make it at the "Private Princeton of the Plains". :)

Comment

Hawkins not at Illinois St!?!?!?

Comment

Both.

It would be a LOT of fun to recruit him, make an offer, tell him how big time he is going to be here, then release him at the last possible minute!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

After reading their board, is there anything other than a tweet from a beat writer saying he was sent home, with no context as to why? Although with his history it would be understandable to assume it's disciplinary, but it could also be any number of things - sickness, injury, family issue, to name a few obvious ones.

I'll wait until more is revealed, but if I had to say which way I was leaning, it would be toward a disciplinary action.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              After reading their board, is there anything other than a tweet from a beat writer saying he was sent home, with no context as to why? Although with his history it would be understandable to assume it's disciplinary, but it could also be any number of things - sickness, injury, family issue, to name a few obvious ones.

I'll wait until more is revealed, but if I had to say which way I was leaning, it would be toward a disciplinary action.
                              You are correct to be suspicious. Teddy has been sent home from Spain and suspended from the team on an assumed game-by-game basis. Nothing further has been released. Some posters on the forum have long been speculating that this coming season would be his last due to difficulty with classes. Teddy's status is uncertain.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X