Big Man visiting camppus today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Man visiting camppus today?

Didnt want to put a generic posr about an unidentified prospect in recruiting, but...

Was in the bookstore just now when a couple of very tall young gentlemen were touring the RSC. One looked like he might have been Zach Brown, maybe Rashard giving a tour. Other guy was a very tall and cut white kid in the 6'10 to 7'0 range, follwed by his parents...

Kid looked really athletic... lioked like a younger brother in the 6'3-4 ramge with them also. Any ideas? Took a quick glance at recruiting threads. Didnt see any recent updates on big men other than Humphries...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Brett Barney (new walk-on) is listed at 6'9". He does have a brother or two and one of them is around the height you described for him. That's my first guess.

But if you're getting my hopes up about Humphries, my heart can't take it. Haha.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I thought Humphries already had his official visit. If so, he wouldn't visit again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
        I thought Humphries already had his official visit. If so, he wouldn't visit again.
        UNLESS......
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          Brett Barney (new walk-on) is listed at 6'9". He does have a brother or two and one of them is around the height you described for him. That's my first guess.

But if you're getting my hopes up about Humphries, my heart can't take it. Haha.
          Definitely not Humphrues. My first thought was Barney, but this guy was CHISELED from head to toe, had a crew cut and did not resemble Barney. Looled quite a bit taller than 6'9". Definite tour/first time visit from all appearances.

Edit: I would also add this guy did not appear to be a high school player. VERY mature physically. More MAN than boy... If he is HS, than all I can say is O....M.....G....

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            Didnt want to put a generic posr about an unidentified prospect in recruiting, but...

Was in the bookstore just now when a couple of very tall young gentlemen were touring the RSC. One looked like he might have been Zach Brown, maybe Rashard giving a tour. Other guy was a very tall and cut white kid in the 6'10 to 7'0 range, follwed by his parents...

Kid looked really athletic... lioked like a younger brother in the 6'3-4 ramge with them also. Any ideas? Took a quick glance at recruiting threads. Didnt see any recent updates on big men other than Humphries...
            So one of the players was giving the tour? I thought it was more the admissions staff that did that. Bobby Gandu says he's given basketball recruits the tours of campus. Did it look like Bobby was around? (5'8" Indian guy with short hair)

Comment

When you introduced yourself, did he say "G'day, mate"?!?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Okay if a player was showing a guy the bookstore, that's probably someone who is GOING to WSU. I really doubt the coaches take recruits to the bookstore a week before classes start.

My guess is Barney, too, but if it was Barney, he wouldn't be needing a tour of WSU. That would just be players hanging out and buying books.

If there is someone on campus being shown around the bookstore by players, that could be a recent addition getting a crash course prior to classes starting. I'm intrigued.

Time to go .GIF searching... Just in case

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  Okay if a player was showing a guy the bookstore, that's probably someone who is GOING to WSU. I really doubt the coaches take recruits to the bookstore a week before classes start.

My guess is Barney, too, but if it was Barney, he wouldn't be needing a tour of WSU. That would just be players hanging out and buying books.

If there is someone on campus being shown around the bookstore by players, that could be a recent addition getting a crash course prior to classes starting. I'm intrigued.
                  I think you might be reading into things too much.... lol
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    I think you might be reading into things too much.... lol
                    That's what I do. Let me have my fun. Maybe Zach Brown just happens to have a 7' chiseled white friend who is on the chess team and its nothing to worry about

Comment

this guy was CHISELED from head to toe
                      VERY mature physically. More MAN than boy
                      all I can say is O....M.....G....
                      It was just me, guys! Sorry for the confusion! ;)
                      The Assman

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Shurtz -- we've always wondered what you looked like.

Comment

Did he look like this?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Maybe it was one of these guys on his coffee break. I mean, these guys clearly weren't chiseled. Welded, perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Did he look like this?

Actually, yes minus the steroids. Seriously...

Taller and lighter.

Comment

Working...
                              X