ESPN Top 25 for 15'-16' Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
    For the life of me I can't figure out why they keep putting UNC in these lists considering that they'll almost certainly not be playing postseason ball and very possibly may not even have a basketball team by season's end.
    Are they currently banned from post-season play?
    Has their season been cancelled?

If the answers to those two questions are "no", then why wouldn't they be included?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Are they currently banned from post-season play?
      Has their season been cancelled?

If the answers to those two questions are "no", then why wouldn't they be included?
      I agree. They should be included because they haven't been hit with any penalties that say otherwise. They SHOULD be hit with penalties that say otherwise.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Based on past experiences, UNC will get a slap on the wrist, told they have been bad boys, and that they are not to do it again.

Comment

Well, 60, there's certainly reason to be skeptical about what will happen to Roy and his band of academic ne'er-do-wells, but remember the whack that USC football got not too many years ago. And I don't think the Heels are any more of a big name in basketball than the Trojans are in football -- both are top ten programs in terms of history and tradition. So you never know.

In any case, I don't see how HockeyShock can exclude a team that's playing and eligible to compete, until that changes. Remember the early 80's when the Shocks came off a loss in the regional final to LSU and were a top-five team to start the following season -- even Sports Illustrated's attention-grabber pick as #1? That team was under investigation, albeit for offenses far less serious than UNC's widespread academic fraud; and no one would have excluded WSU from their preseason forecasts, nor should they have done so. Once the ax fell, it was a different story, of course. But it hasn't happened in Chapel Hill -- yet.
          Last edited by WSUwatcher; August 7, 2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

roy williams wanted to see wichita state crushed back in.. 1996? for no good reason other than he was an elitist, spoiled, greedy, hypocrite, and whatever else i may have missed.. rest assured it aint good.

i don't expect roy to get crushed here.. although he should.. but reap the whirlwind is just what he deserves. maybe lutz can exactly elucidate just what is going on with his all-time favorite college basketball coach? that would make for a good column. he'll have to do it eventually.

roy williams is a dog. a dirty dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
              I really like the respect Utah and Notre Dame are getting. Hopefully they both live up to those rankings. That would be 2 high quality opponents in our non-con. Also, history shows Xavier will be up there competing for a spot in the top 25 as well.
              Dont forget about USC, who could very well be in the top-25 once the season officially starts. It's nice to see other respectable programs such as the ones mentioned in your post above giving us a game in the regular season. Last year's team, although it won 30 games by the season's end, was held back in a lot of ways by Strength of Schedule. We were under-seeded and placed in another tough region for the second straight year.

Comment

Working...
              X