Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoShockers.com Basketball Stats

Stat Nuts! Check this out. :yahoo:

GoShockers.com has a GREAT basketball stat page up. More of everything. More categories and expanded number of "Leaders". Not just Top 10 or 15, but Top 50 for players and shocker teams on each category.

They are also in the process of adding the career records for each player, for all years (don't know how far back they'll go). :poster_shocks:

Sorry if this has already been posted (I've been gone a lot this summer).

They must have gotten tired of referencing Shockernet all the time!

So much for my workday.

Comment

Finally.

Comment

Craig Steven made 40 three pointers! :-O
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Now that is cool!!
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

They need to add some asterisks, particularly the 1,000 Point Club page. That page does not just show the number of points, but other player stats as well.

For example, at what year did they first start compiling each of the following: offensive rebounds (separately from just total rebounds), assists, turnovers, blocks, and steals. Players who careers ended in 1964 are showing 0 assists. Players whose career stopped in 1973 are showing 0 TOs. Yet, Calvin Bruton, played from 1972-76, so he shows only 83 TOs to 404 assists. I'm guessing his A/T ratio wasn't quite that good.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              They need to add some asterisks, particularly the 1,000 Point Club page. That page does not just show the number of points, but other player stats as well.

For example, at what year did they first start compiling each of the following: offensive rebounds (separately from just total rebounds), assists, turnovers, blocks, and steals. Players who careers ended in 1964 are showing 0 assists. Players whose career stopped in 1973 are showing 0 TOs. Yet, Calvin Bruton, played from 1972-76, so he shows only 83 TOs to 404 assists. I'm guessing his A/T ratio wasn't quite that good.
              Geez! X was a lazy rebounder if he couldn't get a single offensive board in his career.

I AM KIDDING! PLEASE, X, DON'T KILL ME!

That stat obviously has come within the last 30 years.
              78-65

Comment

My favorite stat out of all that info for right now:

We've lost three in a row exactly once in the last six years. We capped that season off with a trip to Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                  Craig Steven made 40 three pointers! :-O
                  How many break away layups, contested or not contested?
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                  X