3 POINT LINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 POINT LINE

Next year the 3 point line will be moved back . ( For men only ) Does that mean we will have two lines on the court ?

I assume so. I am glad to see this change. Hopefully making 3-pointers more difficult will help reinstate the mid-range game.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Many players today are taking NBA 3's just to show they have range. There are some that toe the line for thiers, but for many the change won't be that big of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
        I assume so. I am glad to see this change. Hopefully making 3-pointers more difficult will help reinstate the mid-range game.
        Or it may simply mean that the Shockers miss from farther away.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu
          Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          Or it may simply mean that the Shockers miss from farther away.
          But at least we will have a better excuse for our poor shooting. :D
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Didn't the line get moved this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
              I never saw 2 lines on the court. How far back is it gonna move back? NBA range?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                Originally posted by Rosewood
                I never saw 2 lines on the court. How far back is it gonna move back? NBA range?
                Next year. 1 foot back (20 feet, 9 inches)

Chris

Comment

It won't be NBA range, I think it will be close to the International Line, which is about in the middle between college and NBA.

Comment

It should have little effect on shooting. An extra foot won't effect most shooters. And considering many of them are well behind the line as it is. One thing it may do is help open things up inside as the offense could be moved a little farther from the basket. But that remains to be seen.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

23 feet 9 inches on the top side and 22 feet in the corners. ( NBA )

19 feet 9 inches all the way around arc ( NCAA ) this year.

20 feet 9 inches next year.

Comment

I think it may stop many big men who think they can shoot the 3 from taking those shots.

After a couple of years we may see the 3FG% improve if only those truly capable of knocking it down are taking them.

Comment

It's a total conspiracy!

This takes away advantages that smaller unathletic players can have over larger athletic players.

And who would that benefit?

(please turn your sarcasm meters on)
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Shucks, and here I was hoping that they would move it in even closer to the FT line so that we could get our fair share of three's every so often too.

On second thought, though, our FT shooting hasn't been that consistent either.

Hopefully, that will all change soon.

Comment

I think it will make a difference, perhaps not a big difference, but enough to be significant, 15-18%, in either what would have been a 3 being a 2, or if behind the line, causing more misses.

There are a lot of around-the-corner 3's shot off a screen this year. Basketball players develop 'muscle memory' from shooting certain shots, and I think a foot more will disrupt this 3 point muscle memory for awhile.

I think a dip will occur, for at least half a season to a whole season, before players really become acclimated to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X