No announcement yet.

Team USA/Baker vs. Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A predictable outcome in the Brazil game. The only thing that surprises me a little is the USA only got beat by 10 points.

It does bug me quite a bit that the announcers seem to be downplaying the contributions of the "overmatched and overwhelmed" poor college players and giving all the praise and credit to the great pros.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      A predictable outcome in the Brazil game. The only thing that surprises me a little is the USA only got beat by 10 points.

It does bug me quite a bit that the announcers seem to be downplaying the contributions of the "overmatched and overwhelmed" poor college players and giving all the praise and credit to the great pros.
      Just my opinion, but if you left the "old pros" on the bench along with Turd's boy, we'd be a better team. Put Ron at the 1, Brogdon at the 2, Valentine at 3, Price or whatever his name is from Baylor at the 4,and Tarczewski at the 5. You'd have at least 3-4 guys that WANT to play defense, and a whole group of guys that are willing to work their ass off to win, not to go one on one to try to get one last run at the D-league.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Brazil certainly has more time to put together a TEAM with experience in the international game than the US does, but if the US players who know FIBAball aren't willing to guard a hot shooter or deny him the ball, what international experience the US does have isn't worth much. Incredibly, the Detroit Free Press,s online headline called the Brazil victory an upset.

And yes -- short. non-versatile FVV would have been a much more useful player for the US than big, strong benchwarmer Shawn Long has been. Oops.

Comment

• The Canada team is loaded. I won't be surprised at all if they run us out of the gym. It's going to be a tough environment, to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            The Canada team is loaded. I won't be surprised at all if they run us out of the gym. It's going to be a tough environment, to say the least.
            Some of this will depend on if the "old pros" decide to play defense and team offense or not. The rest will depend on whether or not Mark Few can pull his head out of his ass long enough to see that when a guy is plus 8 in 4 minutes, so you pull him and go minus ten for the next 4 minutes, it might be a good sign that he should be in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Some of this will depend on if the "old pros" decide to play defense and team offense or not. The rest will depend on whether or not Mark Few can pull his head out of his ass.
              FIFM

Comment

• LOADED.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  Some of this will depend on if the "old pros" decide to play defense and team offense or not. The rest will depend on whether or not Mark Few can pull his head out of his ass long enough to see that when a guy is plus 8 in 4 minutes, so you pull him and go minus ten for the next 4 minutes, it might be a good sign that he should be in the game.
                  To be honest, I don't think it matters. I'm surprised the Canadian team hasn't won every game by 30+, they're that good.

Comment

• Are our pros better than

Melvin Ejim from Iowa State?
                    Anthony Bennett who plays for the T-Wolves (I believe the #1 or #2 draft pick recently)?
                    Andrew Nicholson who plays for the Magic?

We played against Walden from NMSU but Sim graduated before we played them.
                    Murray's only about the best high school player on the planet.

Heslip, Doornekamp, English and Cadougan are solid Euro guys, on par with our pros but younger (and better imho).
                    Wiltjer plays for Few and was a WCC 1st teamer. Brooks a solid Fr. contributor for Oregon.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      To be honest, I don't think it matters. I'm surprised the Canadian team hasn't won every game by 30+, they're that good.
                      I hadn't really looked at their roster until now. They really are loaded.

Comment

• Baker winning this game!
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• Canada game going to overtime.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• Baker with a great game but Canada wins.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                              Baker with a great game but Canada wins.
                              Someone decided to put the game thread here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                Someone decided to put the game thread here.

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...USA-Basketball
                                Would this be considered double dribbling?
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X