10 year extension for MVC and ESPN media deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year extension for MVC and ESPN media deal

Creates a co-branded network titled "The Valley on ESPN3" and expands the coverage of all sports in the MVC, as well as an emphasis on in-house production of content by the universities for ESPN. If you pay attention to the SEC Network on ESPN, a lot of the content is created in house on campus, and the universities have insane production values. Not that this ESPN3 network deal will be even close to that level, but I think it's a big step forward for the Valley.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

So, looks like ESPN regained the rights to the MVC Tournament. Wonder if the MVC will keep the same dates they currently have or if they will switch up the dates since CBS will no longer be showing the Championship Game. I sure hope they don't go back to the Monday Championship game like it was before the move to CBS.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
      So, looks like ESPN regained the rights to the MVC Tournament. Wonder if the MVC will keep the same dates they currently have or if they will switch up the dates since CBS will no longer be showing the Championship Game. I sure hope they don't go back to the Monday Championship game like it was before the move to CBS.
      CBS will still air the Championship. ESPN sells the rights to CBS.

Comment

Cool, thanks Kai

Comment

A quote from the Loyola Board:

The Valley just announced a new deal with the MVC for increased coverage. There are articles on the LU site and the MVC site. I am thinking this does not happen with out Loyola being in the MVC. The chance to get the Chicago market between LU and alumni from ISU and SIU had to be a big part of this.
          Looks like we better head over there and bow down and thank them for getting us this great deal lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Looks like we better head over there and bow down and thank them for getting us this great deal lol
            God help us if those blowholes actually ever get good. They're trending on being worse than Creighton fans.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

All good, but will Mike Kennedy finally get proper broadcasting technology so we can always listen in when we are away from ESPN3 access?

Comment

Good thing we are in on some of their recruits!
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

The Valley just announced a new deal with the MVC for increased coverage. There are articles on the LU site and the MVC site. I am thinking this does not happen with out Loyola being in the MVC. The chance to get the Chicago market between LU and alumni from ISU and SIU had to be a big part of this.

Comment

Hahaha! Classic! It's like LuskinForGuttin has alter egos at each MVC school.

First off, congratulations to LoChic for winning the CBI -- I didn't even realize that. I know, I know, it's the CBI, but still -- at least they showed some piss and vinegar and got it done.

That said, they were only on ESPN3 five times during the regular season last year, and once on ESPNU when they played .... us. Because of their nice run in the CBI (and for winning it all), they made it to ESPN3 two additional times and CBS Sports twice for the championship matches.

So umm, I dunno. No ESPN. No ESPN 2. ESPNU once because they were playing us. And ESPN3 seven times (including post season).

ESPN's interest in the Chicago market does not seem to go through LoChic. Now I'd love to see Moser begin shredding the Valley so that we have someone to swap some RPI with, but for now, it just ain't LoChic.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

That might actually be true. Without Loyola maybe we wouldn't have gotten a glorified extension that didn't improve one single aspect of the deal and locked us into zero TV revenue for another decade.

Thanks.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Does our athletic department get any money from this?

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                          Does our athletic department get any money from this?
                          No. Just world wide exposure.

Comment

I'm surprised with all the sports channels like NBCSN and such, we couldn't get any revenue TV deal. Even the Big Least got one.

Comment

Originally posted by HillsideSt View Post
                              I'm surprised with all the sports channels like NBCSN and such, we couldn't get any revenue TV deal. Even the Big Least got one.
                              What's weird about the BIG EAST (<--respect) TV deal is that even with that lucrative TV contract, "big money" Creighton still isn't able to bring in the net athletic department revenues that "little poor" Wichita State is able to leverage. Why, with all that big time conference money, and basketball attendance money, are the BIG EAST's Bluejays still sucking down dust behind the MVC's WSU... to the tune of $4.5M per annum? I mean $18.3M versus $22.7M is a big gap, and that's AFTER the BIG EAST TV contract money has actually helped Creighton narrow the margin.

Comment

Working...
                              X