Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What must happen to get us over the hump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Indeed it was, but remember that WSU got back within one in the late going on a desperation three from Baker that I'm pretty sure Ron didn't call either (he was too busy trying to sell the ref on a foul to go for a four-point play).
    Sell a foul? I was on the other end of the arena in the upper deck, but my sources closer to the incident say that it absolutely was a foul that was blatantly missed.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawks View Post
      I'm a KU fan but I'm from Wichita I think wsu is a good team and will have a good year, but KU for the first time in a while has an expierenced squad both of the too main Kansas teams (kstate basketball lol) but I think KU will be the better team sorry die hard wsu fans (or bandwagoners for wsu they can be the same)
      Thanx for u thots no won givs a **** abowt ku here
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        When Coach Self started burning time outs early in the second half along with the tell tale body language of the coach and players, I knew there was deep trouble in red and blue roosterland. Plus #3 was burning the nets.
        I knew he was in trouble at the start of the game when he took in a deep breath and blew out his cheeks like a puffer fish.
        He look scared.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jayhawks;584711]As long as wsu plays crap teams all year then believe they are the best when all you have is vanvleet and baker led by Marshall but when they graduate things WILL get ugly Marshall will eventually go get a job at a power 5 conference school were he will have a real chance to win a title[/QUOTE

Power 5 what a joke! Hide behind a conference or "walk the talk"! I pretty sure I know who this obsessed troll is.

Comment

it seemed like the ku team and their faithful fans had no clue that wichita state actually knew how to run an organized fast break.. and box out on rebounds.. and look for the easiet shots- dunks being no.1 .. and value team ball above ball-hog.. etc. etc.

like they thought wichita state was cal poly-pomona or something. i read phognet the day before the game, to get a general consensus among the hawk faithful.. the majority thought a shocker beatdown was imminent. and now this "jayhawk" fellow is implying that once van vleet and baker leave, it's over for wichita state. oh, man.. aren't they supposed to know great coaching when they see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Evan's 3's were the killers. They didn't plan on him being able to score.
              I told my friends before the game that I thought Ev would be our secret weapon. We won by 13, and Ev scored 12. He caught the Jayhawks by surprise because he never quits and is relentless in securing any loose basketball. I hope he has an outstanding senior season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawks View Post
                As long as wsu plays crap teams all year then believe they are the best when all you have is vanvleet and baker led by Marshall but when they graduate things WILL get ugly Marshall will eventually go get a job at a power 5 conference school were he will have a real chance to win a title
                The quality of teams the Shockers have played hasn't affected their tourney play in a negative way at all lately. So you cant use that as a reason for them not getting over the hump. Especially when KU supposedly has had the hardest schedule the past 2 years and lost something like 9 games each year and have gotten out in the SECOND round both times. Dont blame injuries, blame team chemistry (which is non-existent, because the stars on KU never stay more than a year any more) whereas the Shockers have guys who actually play the COLLEGE game, and win as a unit instead of playing selfish and turnover-prone basketball
                As for things getting "ugly" don't forget that one of your own is playing for us now. He made the decision because he wants to become a complete player, which I have no doubt in my mind he can do under Marshall, and McDuffie is now there a 4 star recruit who will most likely stay 4 years. Zach Brown who is a 6'7 guard that knows he's 6'7 and can attack and not stay on the outside shooting 3s all game long like the soft Justin Timberlake-looking Brannen Greene. Shaq Morris and Rashard Kelly, who are two strong frontcourt forwards who refuse to pushed around by anyone. So the only thing missing is a point guard, but based off the above and potential to become a top point in the nation, Marshall shouldn't have a problem finding a reinforcement once Fred leaves should he, Mr. Jayhawk?
                Last edited by MTXE31; July 27, 2015, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MTXE31 View Post
                  The quality of teams the Shockers have played hasn't affected their tourney play in a negative way at all lately. So you cant use that as a reason for them not getting over the hump. Especially when KU supposedly has had the hardest schedule the past 2 years and lost something like 9 games each year and have gotten out in the SECOND round both times. Dont blame injuries, blame team chemistry (which is non-existent, because the stars on KU never stay more than a year any more) whereas the Shockers have guys who actually play the COLLEGE game, and win as a unit instead of playing selfish and turnover-prone basketball
                  As for things getting "ugly" don't forget that one of your own is playing for us now. He made the decision because he wants to become a complete player, which I have no doubt in my mind he can do under Marshall, and McDuffie is now there a 4 star recruit who will most likely stay 4 years. Zach Brown who is a 6'7 guard that knows he's 6'7 and can attack and not stay on the outside shooting 3s all game long like the soft Justin Timberlake-looking Brannen Greene. Shaq Morris and Rashard Kelly, who are two strong frontcourt forwards who refuse to pushed around by anyone. So the only thing missing is a point guard, but based off the above and potential to become a top point in the nation, Marshall shouldn't have a problem finding a reinforcement once Fred leaves should he, Mr. Jayhawk?
                  Excellent first post.
                  Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                    Excellent first post.
                    Thank you my friend, I'm on this site quite a bit and I just now decided to get in on the fun

Comment

Working...
                    X