No announcement yet.

Freshman Eric Hamilton has some ups...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshman Eric Hamilton has some ups...

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

I was at the y when he did it,real kool dude an respectable young man. He imo will see alot of playing time early.

Comment

Mum, were you the camera man? haha
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
        I was at the y when he did it,real kool dude an respectable young man. He imo will see alot of playing time early.
        Time will be difficult to come by this season.
        The Assman

Comment

I like what I see with Eric. I think he will need to be patient with Grady and Kelly at the PF as well as a wealth of wings that could push Wessel, Brown, or McDuffie into the 4.
          Livin the dream

Comment

I don't know how to break this to you, but...

...I don't know how much vertical he sacrificed for the distance, but Shamet gets up higher than that.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              I don't know how to break this to you, but...

...I don't know how much vertical he sacrificed for the distance, but Shamet gets up higher than that.

However, it's impressive to see a 6'9 230 lb. post/wing (I have a feeling that he may be able to carry 240) get up in the air quite well. I care more about his ability defend the post "big", rebound, and block shots. This is a dimension that we can always use and Shamet won't be able to so it quite as well because he will be spending more time guarding perimeter players. I don't know how much time he'll get this year because as Wufan stated, he'll have to beat out very talented players and is still a tadpole.

I'm excited about Shamet too but for different reasons.

Comment

The reports I've heard indicate that Hamilton still needs work on his basic skill sets - and probably needs a healthy dose of "you ain't all that". Think about this just a bit. If a player is hitting the Y on his own time, is practicing for a dunk contest or working on skills more important? I'd rather see a boring video of his making 40 of 100 unguarded 3's than an interesting video of a dunk contest move.

His ceiling is sky high. I've changed my expectations to applying big man progression to him. He may need a couple of years before he really starts "getting it". That's not a problem because he has that time available with the current Shocker roster.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The reports I've heard indicate that Hamilton still needs work on his basic skill sets - and probably needs a healthy dose of "you ain't all that". Think about this just a bit. If a player is hitting the Y on his own time, is practicing for a dunk contest or working on skills more important? I'd rather see a boring video of his making 40 of 100 unguarded 3's than an interesting video of a dunk contest move.
                  Or maybe he was just messing around at the end of working out and getting shots up. Unless you were actually there watching him, don't read too much into this stuff.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

His ceiling is sky high. I've changed my expectations to applying big man progression to him. He may need a couple of years before he really starts "getting it". That's not a problem because he has that time available with the current Shocker roster.
                    Better than messing around at Larry Bud's to work on his biceps.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                    X