No announcement yet.

Durley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I am NOT trying to argue about it, I just was wondering if we were striving for the same answer:

Which players were the biggest assets vs which players were a liability while playing? Just an evaluation technique, that's all.

Comment

Interesting

Interesting analysis, and awfully diligent of you, im4wsu.

Those who criticize plus-minus as a measuring stick in hockey often note that players tend to be on the ice with particular others (their linemates, for example), which can make it harder to isolate the impact of any one such individual. There's some merit to that argument.

But what's eye-catching here is not so much the graph as the specific combinations, especially these two:

Mekel - Couisnard - Braeuer - Clemente - Thomasson avg 7.36 min per game, +13.8

vs.

Mekel - Couisnard - Braeuer - Clemente - Durley avg 1.42 min per game, - 6.4

That's an incredible differential, and it may explain why Marshall had so little patience with Durley at times -- as well as why the foursome plus Durley above got so little time compared to those same four plus Thomasson.

Comment

What do you think about shaving a few pounds off of him and making him a 3 guard?
        " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

He doesn't have that ability.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
          X