Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most memorable tournament games

Looks who's #15.... Oh wait who's #1??

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2498906-ranking-the-most-memorable-ncaa-tournament-games-of-the-past-decade

Caught up in the madness of March, we far too frequently label NCAA tournament games as "one of the best of the past decade" without ever actually considering which games belong where on that list...
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Three of the 26 most memorable tournament games over the last decade have included our Shockers. I'd say 3G and his staff are doing something (actually a lot of somethings) right over there. I can't speak for anyone else, but as for me, sometimes I just have to take a step back and look at how lucky I am to be around to see this generation of Shocker history. Some of you were lucky enough to be around to see X and AC and those guys, but I wasn't, so for me at least, this is an amazing time to be a Shocker fan!!
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

WSU vs Louisville should have been there
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Ku was on at least 6 or 7 of the games

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawks View Post
            True Dat

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawks View Post
              Actually, I believe it was five, including 2 losses to MUCH lower seeded MVC teams, one loss to a lower seeded Michigan team, a 2 point win over a MUCH lower seeded Davidson team, and one extremely exciting win against a Memphis team that couldn't hit a free throw to save their lives and showed exactly how underrated Mario Chalmers was as far as the clutch gene is concerned (at least by some). So yah, I think it was five, but you know, who's counting? :)

Comment

Well... So much for this thread...

Comment

Personally think that Gonzaga vs Wichita State should be higher than honorable mention. That game was a classic.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

You know you've got a good topic going when an hour after it gets started, a KU fan registers to tell us KU is on the list more than us.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      Personally think that Gonzaga vs Wichita State should be higher than honorable mention. That game was a classic.
                      The first 25 minutes or so of that game were good.

The last 15 or so was some pretty incredible back and forth by both teams.

I'm disappointed we lost that Kentucky game for a lot of reasons, but one of them is that it truly was an incredible college basketball game, and I don't have the heart to go back and watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        The first 25 minutes or so of that game were good.

The last 15 or so was some pretty incredible back and forth by both teams.

I'm disappointed we lost that Kentucky game for a lot of reasons, but one of them is that it truly was an incredible college basketball game, and I don't have the heart to go back and watch it again.
                        That Kentucky game... in that Top 20 article, they make the comment that there will never be anything like "the shot" by Laettner again, but man.... if Fred hit that game winner... it wouldn't eclipse the Laettner shot, but I think it would be talked about in the same stratosphere.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

"We've got a turd in the Punchbowl."
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            Totally agree.

I wish I had the link to a great article that essentially said, "right after the game was over, the theme was how Gonzaga blew it against WSU. But, looking back on it, WSU shot X% (was pretty ridiculously high percentage) over the last X minutes, and made like 10 of their last 12 shots. (too lazy to look up what it actually was). Instead of Gonzaga blowing the game, because the team played well through the end, we should have done our job better and realized that WSU absolutely took over with a comeback for the ages"

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                              Totally agree.

I wish I had the link to a great article that essentially said, "right after the game was over, the theme was how Gonzaga blew it against WSU. But, looking back on it, WSU shot X% (was pretty ridiculously high percentage) over the last X minutes, and made like 10 of their last 12 shots. (too lazy to look up what it actually was). Instead of Gonzaga blowing the game, because the team played well through the end, we should have done our job better and realized that WSU absolutely took over with a comeback for the ages"
                              I recall another article (or perhaps the same one) stating that Gonzaga actually scored X number of points per possession over the last 10-12 minutes, which would have led the NCAA in points per possession if it had been over a full season, but it still wasn't good enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X