Noncon Predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noncon Predictions?

Now that we know all but 1 or 2 games, what do you think the Shox will do? I guess I'll post my prediction for every game.

vs Hawaii Pacific - W 119 - 52
    vs Nevada - W 88 - 55
    vs Charleston Southern - W 72 - 49
    vs NM St - W 67 - 51
    at Tulsa - W 54 - 52
    at Seton Hall - W 74 - 69
    at St Louis - W 94 - 79
    vs Utah - W 104 - 98 OT (Frankamp will go off)
    Orl Classic: W 92 - 60 over USC, W 71 - 67 over Xaiver, W 82 - 78 over ND
    UNLV: W 62 - 50
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

98 points in 1 OT? I get that you said Frankamp would go off, but is no one else going to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
      Now that we know all but 1 or 2 games, what do you think the Shox will do? I guess I'll post my prediction for every game.

vs Hawaii Pacific - W 119 - 52
      vs Nevada - W 88 - 55
      vs Charleston Southern - W 72 - 49
      vs NM St - W 67 - 51
      at Tulsa - W 54 - 52
      at Seton Hall - W 74 - 69
      at St Louis - W 94 - 79
      vs Utah - W 104 - 98 OT (Frankamp will go off)
      Orl Classic: W 92 - 60 over USC, W 71 - 67 over Xaiver, W 82 - 78 over ND
      UNLV: W 62 - 50
      I agree with these predictions for the most part. I have two slight discrepencies. First off, I don't think Tulsa will be a 2 point game. I think we will beat them by at least 10-12 points. The second is the Utah game. I can agree with it being close, but I don't think there's any way we give up 98. I'm thinking more along the lines of 82-78 for that game.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        I agree with these predictions for the most part. I have two slight discrepencies. First off, I don't think Tulsa will be a 2 point game. I think we will beat them by at least 10-12 points. The second is the Utah game. I can agree with it being close, but I don't think there's any way we give up 98. I'm thinking more along the lines of 82-78 for that game.
        Given that this year's Utah game went to overtime and neither team hit 70 points, I think that any estimate that has either team score above the 70s either ignores the style of these two teams or really believes the new shot clock will majorly boost scoring.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Not many gimmes. Nothing that I don't expect to win. Should be a fun non-con!
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            98 points in 1 OT? I get that you said Frankamp would go off, but is no one else going to play?

I'll eat my shoe the first time a Gregg Marshall WSU teams gives up 98 points.

I don't care how many overtime periods there are.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I'll eat my shoe the first time a Gregg Marshall WSU teams gives up 98 points.

I don't care how many overtime periods there are.
              I think the last Creighton road game in 2013 was the highest at 91, though I reserve the right to be corrected.

CORRECTION: The triple-overtime loss at Drake in 2012 rendered 93 points given up on defense.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                I think the last Creighton road game in 2013 was the highest at 91, though I reserve the right to be corrected.

CORRECTION: The triple-overtime loss at Drake in 2012 rendered 93 points given up on defense.
                Both were road games. One took 3 OTs. The other was against a national player of the year when the entire team shot out of their minds.

Heck, the next team to score 70 on WSU at home will be the first in nearly 2 years.

I did like all the wins you predicted though. Sure would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Both were road games. One took 3 OTs. The other was against a national player of the year when the entire team shot out of their minds.

Heck, the next team to score 70 on WSU at home will be the first in nearly 2 years.

I did like all the wins you predicted though. Sure would be fun.
                  I remember Gibbs practically sky-hooking an off-balance fadeaway three as he fell out of bounds in that game. That's when you pretty much knew it was one of those nights. That was Gibbs, not McDermott.

Comment

We'll win by 16-18 over Utah this time. Book it Danny.
                    Also...should we meet up against Xavier in that tourney...and we win...some major tables get tipped it recruiting wars. That potential match-up is bigger than most think.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      We'll win by 16-18 over Utah this time. Book it Danny.
                      Also...should we meet up against Xavier in that tourney...and we win...some major tables get tipped it recruiting wars. That potential match-up is bigger than most think.
                      I'm not sure about that, AZ. I just haven't seen much evidence that one game has any effect in a recruiting battle. This may be over-simplifying the concept, but if a player uses one game to make a decision, I'm not sure that player has the BBIQ I'd want, nor the wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        Book it Danny.
                        Close but not quite.

A mash up of Jack Lord's legendary catch phrase "Book Em Danno" from the original Hawaii Five-O

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                          X