5:1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5:1

That's what my eagle eye says is the ratio of high school and younger kids wearing Shocker gear to every other kid wearing K-State + KU gear when you see them walking down the street. My, my what a sleeping giant Marshall has woken. I love every second of seeing kids out playing basketball in the driveway with Shocker gear on. WSU is now the "cool" school, even though it's local. Can't wait to watch the enrollment numbers over the next couple of years.

Thinking this could be Van Vleet's Assist Turnover ratio this year too. LOL
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

I had in laws that I learned to avoid. Some would wear KSU, some would wear KU. They'd get drunk & fight over their shirts. Not only have they never placed a foot on a college campus, but I once convinced them that K State was actually in OK. They were just south of the border & established prior to a border realignment. What bummed me was the hoards of people just like these spending $ on the gear. I have no respect for their college allegiance, but they can filter the $ in the right direction.
    Phi Alpha

Comment

I am seeing the same sort of thing in my neighborhood and the greater community as well. These are good times, damn good times.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        That's what my eagle eye says is the ratio of high school and younger kids wearing Shocker gear to every other kid wearing K-State + KU gear when you see them walking down the street. My, my what a sleeping giant Marshall has woken. I love every second of seeing kids out playing basketball in the driveway with Shocker gear on. WSU is now the "cool" school, even though it's local. Can't wait to watch the enrollment numbers over the next couple of years.

Thinking this could be Van Vleet's Assist Turnover ratio this year too. LOL
        5:1 is also a potential MVC record vs KU in the near future. I mean, the MVC will have to be allowed to play in the games, but if two more games vs MVC opponents happen...

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          I am seeing the same sort of thing in my neighborhood and the greater community as well. These are good times, damn good times.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Don't limit this phenomenon to high school kids. I see it in the grocery store, the hardware store, walking in the park and everywhere else around town. Shocker gear is a hot commodity for all ages. Tis indeed good times and I love it.

Also note the number of Shocker tags you see in oncoming traffic.:encouragement:
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I got a "go shockers " shout out in downtown Indianapolis this past weekend. Was wearing my wushock bicycle jersey. Prior weekend same thing in KC.
              I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
                I got a "go shockers " shout out in downtown Indianapolis this past weekend. Was wearing my wushock bicycle jersey. Prior weekend same thing in KC.
                I hear it a lot when I head back to visit in Colorado. Of course, my Ohio and Washington friends are more likely to say "F the Shockers" LOL
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  5:1 is also a potential MVC record vs KU in the near future. I mean, the MVC will have to be allowed to play in the games, but if two more games vs MVC opponents happen...
                  Wouldn't be surprised to see 5:1 odds for the "Shocks to take it all" at some point late in this season. And I'm definitely not saying that's the ceiling.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    Also note the number of Shocker tags you see in oncoming traffic.:encouragement:
                    Speaking of tags, I have the Shocker license plate and live in DFW. There are a good number of cars you see around here with KU stuff. So, my favorite thing is to pull right in front of them and make them look at Wu so they have to remember the Beatdown in Omaha.

Comment

Even in Hutch the amount of WSU merchandise I see on people and cars has come close to the amount of KU stuff. KSU still has an edge here, presumably due to football and a long-standing preference for it as an ag school.

Comment

Picked up a rental car in Philly and the guy was all excited about that guy Baker

Comment

I just got back from a week in New York city on a business trip. Went to a bar called O'Hara's near the site of the World Trade Center memorial. The waiter asked where I was from, and upon hearing Wichita, he immediately threw up the Shocker and said that he always bet on us come tourney time. Then (and I can't even make this stuff up), he turns to the bar and says, "Vinny! These guys are from Wichita State!", to which Vinny and the rest of the bartending staff all cheer and throw up the sign. It was a beautiful sight.
                          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Working...
                          X