Gregg Marshall Golf Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall Golf Tournament

Were any of you Shockernetters at the Gregg Marshall Golf outing today? Looked, on the news, like Gregg was sporting some chin whiskers. He did comment on being pleased with the addition of Anton and that he would help round out the team.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Raised a lot of money today
    The Assman

Comment

I asked coach if Anton was "blowing the roof off" or if he had anything else coming. He said he may have something else up his sleeve, we'd have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
        I asked coach if Anton was "blowing the roof off" or if he had anything else coming. He said he may have something else up his sleeve, we'd have to wait and see.
        It's so interesting around here right now, but I don't know what's happening. Maker? Humphries? Mr. Papageorgio? Some one else entirely? Exciting.
        Livin the dream

Comment

I could live off of information like this. I don't need food... Don't need water... Just give me tidbits like this and I will be just fine :)

Comment

He also said the team is going to Costa Rica this summer and the new guys will get
            LOTS of time. He's pretty sure FVV and RB know how to run our system.

Comment

Costa Rica in the summer time has Shaq returning at a svelte 225.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Beware the lunker....
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

He also said the team is going to Costa Rica this summer and the new guys will get
                  LOTS of time. He's pretty sure FVV and RB know how to run our system.
                  Also said anyone is invited to join in on the Costa Rica fun!
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    It's so interesting around here right now, but I don't know what's happening. Maker? Humphries? Mr. Papageorgio? Some one else entirely?gExciting.
                    Georgio Papasiooouss Went Pro in the Greek version of the NBA last Summer.

Comment

**** I'm there. Been wanting to go there anyway.

The last time I was in Central America it was El Salvador and not the most pleasant of circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by Old Guy WU Fan View Post
                        Georgio Papasiooouss Went Pro in the Greek version of the NBA last Summer.
                        Yes there was a story to that effect last summer: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...greek-pro-team

However, this link calls it "semi-pro" and indicates his continued recruitment by colleges: http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-sta...cky-recruiting

In fact, there are plenty of articles about colleges recruiting him from within the last month to make it clear that whatever he has been doing in Greece hasn't inherently ended his eligibility and it sure seems like everyone is under the assumption that he will be playing college ball in the US.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

"The big name (and mystery) is Georgios Papagiannis, a seven foot center playing semi-pro ball in Greece. Mark Gottfried has made at least two trips overseas to see him and he is considered a top 50 talent, if not higher. Other options may include grad transfer Anton Grady of Cleveland State." - From Backing the Pack article above.

Funny if Wichita State ended up with both of these players and not NC State. One down and one to go.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                            "The big name (and mystery) is Georgios Papagiannis, a seven foot center playing semi-pro ball in Greece. Mark Gottfried has made at least two trips overseas to see him and he is considered a top 50 talent, if not higher. Other options may include grad transfer Anton Grady of Cleveland State." - From Backing the Pack article above.

Funny if Wichita State ended up with both of these players and not NC State. One down and one to go.
                            Here's an interesting 'comment' posted under the article...

"The author of the article is wrong. Papagiannis is not playing "semi pro" basketball in Greece. He plays in one of the 6 biggest basketball teams in the entire continent of Europe, in the Euroleague team of Panathinaikos. He is not playing "semi pro basketball". That claim was definitely wrong. He is playing professional level basketball without any question whatsoever. What the author might be confused about is that Papagiannis has his contract setup so that in his first year he remains his NCAA eligibility, since he has not yet turned 18."
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                            X