Awards - Who's going tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awards - Who's going tonight?

Who is going tonight to celebrate the Shockers 2014-15 season and send TC and DC off to their new experiences in a proper Shocker fashion? Also to wish Corey, Tevin and Ri'an much success in whatever they do. Also, say a big Thank you to Coach Forbes and wish him well, and to show Gregg and the assistants and staff how much we appreciate them.
    Yes, Will be there
    46.81%
    No, but would go to the former dinner format
    4.26%
    No, scheduling conflict
    27.66%
    No, don't care about these events
    6.38%
    No, all other excuses
    14.89%

The poll is expired.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Just call my name and I'll be there.

Comment

I don't know about the others, but I do not think that Coach Forbes will be there. He was on with Bruce yesterday and said the next time he would be home to see his family (who are still in Wichita) was May 17. I do wish him and all of our players that are leaving the very best. They have all contributed to making this one of the very best programs in the country.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

Scheduling conflict.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

My brother and SIL (WSU grad) are flying into Wichita from Maine this afternoon. We will be there.
          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Schedule conflict
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Live stream for those that couldn't go.

http://www.kake.com/livestream

Comment

All three players transferring are on the stage. Has to be somewhat ackward for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                  All three players transferring are on the stage. Has to be somewhat ackward for them.
                  Not necessarily. I'm sure each one was not required to be there, so maybe the parting just might be congenial. None of these three ever seemed to be disinterested on the bench and Holland was particularly a great cheerleader from the bench. We talk about the high character of the players on this team and these three would qualify. They've all experienced things as Shockers they may never had had the chance otherwise and these experiences will stay with them from now on.

Comment

I remember Jake White had already decided to transfer two years ago when the ceremony happened. Mike gave him a nice introduction for his player plaque, and the crowd gave him an appreciative "good luck and best wishes" round of applause.
                    78-65

Comment

I didn't say completely awkward, just somewhat... lol

Comment

How was the turnout? Had a scheduling conflict and couldn't watch the stream

Comment

yeah what was the crowd like?

Comment

Did anyone get the seniors speeches on video and could upload it to YouTube or something?? I had them all recorded and my phone crashed and I lost it..

Comment

Tekele's speech gets an A+ from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X