No announcement yet.

Shockers playing professionally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe Toure made $500,000 for his one year in NY. Factor in his agent and living in New York and it's not a great take professional athlete wise. D-League is $30,000 area. They were taking during Pan Am games about Langford making over $1,000,000 a year. Money isn't everything, but after this many years of struggling to find a team, anything other a spot on the end of the bench doesn't seem likely. I'd travel the world, play the greatest game, and make some cash.

Comment

Joe Ragland named Turkish League MVP for the week.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
        The D-League pay is a joke.
        CBA talks are wages will triple. So that would be $39K-$75K. That would be great. More talent would be retained. Guys would choose $60K in US over $100K overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley View Post
          CBA talks are wages will triple. So that would be $39K-$75K. That would be great. More talent would be retained. Guys would choose $60K in US over $100K overseas.
          The NBA is trying to make a big move towards the "development" in D League. They're wanting to make it more like the minor league system in MLB where the teams truly are developing the talent and work them up inside their organization. Making the pay increase to make it attractive to the players who go over seas for the money is a big step. Lots of talent lost due to players rightfully wanting to maximize their income.

I think the D League is great, and it has a big potential for entertainment value. I'd like to see Wichita get a D League team. God bless the Thunder, but I'm just not a hockey fan, I'd love to go to a d league game though.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

The NBA needs to treat it like the MLB teams do their minor league system. Have the NBA have more than two rounds for the NBA draft and have those players play on their D League team. It would make trades more interesting in the NBA and help keep players from going overseas. I believe they would only need one D League team per NBA team unlike MLB who has I believe at least five minor league teams.

Comment

Working...
            X