Shockers playing professionally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    @shock, if ^that^ is aimed at me then I'm afraid the thrust of my post flew about 7 clicks over your head.
    Pretty sure that was aimed at posters who asked about players when they could have just clicked on the link and looked for themselves.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
      Pretty sure that was aimed at posters who asked about players when they could have just clicked on the link and looked for themselves.
      That's how I took it as well.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
        A quick google search yields he is back with Rio Grande Valley.
        I did do a quick google search, in fact several. Didn't come up with the link you must have found. The link at the top of this thread still lists him with the Wizards, nothing more. I know how to fish, just sometimes don't use the right bait.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          @shock, if ^that^ is aimed at me then I'm afraid the thrust of my post flew about 7 clicks over your head.
          Nope

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
          That's how I took it as well.
          Correct.

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          I did do a quick google search, in fact several. Didn't come up with the link you must have found. The link at the top of this thread still lists him with the Wizards, nothing more. I know how to fish, just sometimes don't use the right bait.
          I googled Toure Murry, and the description of his Wikipedia page said he was with Rio Grande. So to double check, I went to Rio Grandes website and checked the roster. Bingo.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Of Turgeon recruits, Miller, Tshomba, Mekel, Ogirri, Holman and Cousinard are still playing. Keep or kin it old men!
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Of Turgeon recruits, Miller, Tshomba, Mekel, Ogirri, Holman and Cousinard are still playing. Keep or kin it old men!
              Duke Tshomba had some serious leaping ability. Loved it when he'd dunk it.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                Duke Tshomba had some serious leaping ability. Loved it when he'd dunk it.
                If only Uke had some D in his game.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Via Twitter, if I'm not mistaken, he scored 32 points in the title game! Pretty impressive.
                  "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                  Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

I was lucky enough to get my picture snapped with Cooz at the Final Four when he, Gabe Blair and Ry Martin all showed up to the pep rally after the festivities had ended. All of them were just great and really friendly but Cooz is one of my all time favorites, so that was awesome.

Comment

Joe Ragland just earned Player of the Week in Turkey. It is early in the year, but his team is undefeated and he is leading the league in assists (10 apg) and is shooting 66.7% from the field with 14.5 ppg in league play.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Toure' has signed with the Mavericks D-League team.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I think at some point, Toure needs to get the picture and go to Europe to make some money while he still can. The D-League pay is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                            I think at some point, Toure needs to get the picture and go to Europe to make some money while he still can. The D-League pay is a joke.
                            This had never occurred to me before, but you are probably right. He is a great player who could definitely hold down a great paying job. I have no doubt Stutz is making a ton of whatever he is getting paid in...

Toure might need to take a couple years and go get himself set financially if he hasn't already.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                              Probably true, although playing in the D-League, with its horrible salary, comes with increased odds of getting on an NBA roster, either for a full season (as Toure did with the Knicks) or as a mid-season replacement (as he did last year with Washington). It would be interesting to know how much time on an NBA roster it would take to financially justify the difference between D-League and European salary.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                                Probably true, although playing in the D-League, with its horrible salary, comes with increased odds of getting on an NBA roster, either for a full season (as Toure did with the Knicks) or as a mid-season replacement (as he did last year with Washington). It would be interesting to know how much time on an NBA roster it would take to financially justify the difference between D-League and European salary.
                                Toure may be a really close example of when it does work. Maybe he makes enough even getting bounced around a lot that it ends up being enough for him to be satisfied. I'm pretty sure he made something pretty substantial for a little while with the Knicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X