Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaka smart leaves vcu, headed to texas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaka smart leaves vcu, headed to texas.

VCU's Shaka Smart has reached an agreement in principle to become the next men's basketball coach at Texas, a source told CBSSports.com on Thursday.

really sux
    Last edited by shoxrox89; April 2, 2015, 10:02 PM.
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

That's sad. I liked him at VCU. I honestly worry about his style at Texas -- namely alumni will expect the type of guys Barnes got (even if he wasn't successful with them) and Shaka wont be able to get those type of guys to buy into his coaching style.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope he kicks ass and takes names in the Big 12.

Comment

Jason King will be proven right.

The AD is a clown and Havac may not work with the recruits Texas can get.

We shall see.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

vcu board totally shut down.
        Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Our shot at an AAC invite, whatever the likelihood, certainly didn't go down over the last 24 hours. This is a major blow for VCU.

Comment

I'm pretty much indifferent about this. Shaka has been less than cordial to Marshall. VCU fans trash talk WSU a lot on their boards with absurd stories about WSU recruiting practices. Personally I would not want Patterson for my boss. Good luck to Shaka, and good luck to VCU.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Grant to VCU?
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                Grant to VCU?
                Or Jeff Capel.

Both could rebuild their careers in their former job.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

3G is from Virginia

Comment

Shaka must think Florida isn't coming open.
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Too bad, not really a Shaka fan but I wished he had stayed simply because I hate it when a power 5 "saves" a really good coach from the drabs of college basketball.
                      If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        Shaka must think Florida isn't coming open.
                        Ah, good thought.
                        The Assman

Comment

I think there's real value to being the dominant mid-major nationally...or at least playing in one of the time zones that people actually pay attention to prior to the tournament. I see very little value for WSU in Butler, VCU, Creighton, etc being considered on a similar level.

Put me in the camp that believes Smart will have to reinvent himself to have a high level of success at Texas. I do think he's a really bright coach who likely can adapt. Regardless, it's certainly an improvement over what they had in Austin.

Comment

I think Shaka is going to be very successful in Austin. He has all the tools he needs to build exceptional teams. He's alreday been pulling in multiple top 100 guy the last few years at VCU. Great hire for UT. I feel terrible for VCU though... That could easily of been us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                              I think Shaka is going to be very successful in Austin. He has all the tools he needs to build exceptional teams. He's alreday been pulling in multiple top 100 guy the last few years at VCU. Great hire for UT. I feel terrible for VCU though... That could easily of been us.
                              i don't know, I gotta disagree with this. I think he'll find out the football donors want a say in basketball operations and it'll hinder him. I don't think he has the political skills to manage that...and sadly at a place like Texas (and Bama, for that matter) thus will be as important as his coaching skills. I think that's what Patterson saw as a problem with HCGM and why he didn't bother calling HCGM.

Comment

Working...
                              X