• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 MVC post-season honors

- Clemente on the all-newcomer team.
    - Durley on the all-freshman team.
    - Cooz on the all-defensive team.

Congrats, guys!

Anybody else suprised by Adam Emmenecker being named player of the year? I had heard Josh Young's named tossed around and Osiris Eldridge, but had never even heard Emmenecker's name mentioned as a possible candidate. Maybe his game against us on Saturday wrapped it up for him.
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Originally posted by SekShocker
      Anybody else suprised by Adam Emmenecker being named player of the year? I had heard Josh Young's named tossed around and Osiris Eldridge, but had never even heard Emmenecker's name mentioned as a possible candidate. Maybe his game against us on Saturday wrapped it up for him.
      i agree, but maybe he got put over the top with his performance against us last saturday.
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I guess his story was just too good to pass up. I wasn't at all surprised.

I am surprised they didn't take the opportunity to toss in another "former walkon" reference (I got so sick of hearing that during the broadcast Saturday).

Comment

Emmenecker as POY is not a surprise at all. The MVC coaches were touting Emmenecker as the most valuable player on that team all year long. My thoughts were that maybe Young and Emmenecker would split the votes and that Eldridge would sneak in there and get POY.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised PJ wasn't honorable mention; I wish Matt's play over the last few weeks would've been enough to get him some honor, though I'm not even sure what it might be.

Considering where we finished, I guess beggars can't be choosers...
            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

True beggars can't choosers but come on... PJ not gettin AT LEAST honorable mention is pretty weak.
              Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

PJ deserved better, especially the way he played down the stretch.

PJ was in the Top 15 in the league in 5 varied statistical categories:

#8 - Scoring
                #15 - Rebounding
                #15 - Assists
                #7 - Steals
                #12 - Blocks

Clearly All-Around players are underappreciated.

I wouldn't trade PJ for 1st teamer Jeremy Crouch in a million years. Crouch is a very fine shooter, but I like the entire package PJ can bring to the table.

Comment

True '72

Comment

Emmemmememmememememememneker isn't a surprise at all. It had been talked about for at least a month now if not longer. Some thought his lack of sexy stats would keep him from winning it though. He was the most important player on the best team though.

PJ definitely should have got at least HM. He fills up a stat sheet quite well and is definitely one of the top 15 players in the league. Had Matt played the entire year I'm sure he'd be on there somewhere.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Maybe PJ will pack an extra box of motivation and a sack of chips on the shoulder for the trip to St. Louis this week.

Go P.J.! :goshocks:

Comment

I don't know how P.J. doesn't get HM. He is way better than Stinnet who got it.

I am glad to see Durley get placed on there. Hopefully he will stay and that is a sign to come.

Great job to Ramon! Nobody works harder.
                        Shocker Forever!!

Comment

Too bad it ended this way for our Seniors. These type of honors depend so much on how your team finished. However, congrats are in order for the nice awards we did receive. We all know the importance that PJ and MB have been to our Program. Nothing or nobody can alter that.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

If the MVC coaches were picking an all star team to go play other leagues with, tell me that PJ wouldn"t be near the top. Not being at least HM is rediculous.

:goshocks:

Comment

With PJ, everyone is forgetting the he did pretty much go MIA for a while in the early part of the conference schedule. Plus he plays on the 9th place team. I'm not saying it's right, but it is easy to leave him out because of those things. Plus he was pre-season all valley and did nothing to back that up. I can see how he got left off.

Comment

Working...
                              X