Quotes on our Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes on our Arena

Edit: See below. Trying to change color and font and computer isn't liking.

Thanks Maniac!
    Last edited by shoxlax; March 31, 2015, 09:58 PM.

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    I will start with a few. I'm sure you geeks will find lots more.

"I’ve never seen a crowd so energetic, with so much enthusiasm and passion. It was actually a fun atmosphere to play in."
    -- Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton said about Charles Koch Arena

“There is nowhere for the sound to escape. It gets loud” Nate Funk, Creighton

“These are the top of environments that players play for and for what coaches coach for. This is what college basketball is all about.” Greg McDermott, Creighton

“I’ve been in college basketball 22 years and I’ve only been one other place that I would say has a similar atmosphere to here. At this point, I’ve been in all of them. You’ve played a game everywhere. It’s non-comparable, a game at North Carolina and a game here”.-Geno Ford, Bradley
    “I think their fans kind of — I don’t want to say they come to the game angry — but they come to the game intent on making life hell for the opponent." –Jason King, Bleacher Report
    Can't read it lax...its black over black background.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
      Can't read it lax...its black over black background.
      Let's see if this works.

"I’ve never seen a crowd so energetic, with so much enthusiasm and passion. It was actually a fun atmosphere to play in."
      -- Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton said about Charles Koch Arena

“There is nowhere for the sound to escape. It gets loud” Nate Funk, Creighton

“These are the top of environments that players play for and for what coaches coach for. This is what college basketball is all about.” Greg McDermott, Creighton

“I’ve been in college basketball 22 years and I’ve only been one other place that I would say has a similar atmosphere to here. At this point, I’ve been in all of them. You’ve played a game everywhere. It’s non-comparable, a game at North Carolina and a game here”.-Geno Ford, Bradley
      “I think their fans kind of — I don’t want to say they come to the game angry — but they come to the game intent on making life hell for the opponent." –Jason King, Bleacher Report
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Fixed colors, shoxlax.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Found this on UAB board in preparation for what was the Snow Game back in 3G's first year. Dated, but still good.

"It's the hardest arena I've ever played in," said BU center Patrick O'Bryant. "Even when it's quiet, it's loud."
          ----------
          "Even before we came here, we had heard an awful lot about the tremendous enthusiasm that Wichita State University has for its men's basketball program," Larranaga said. "I think it's kind of legendary around the country."
          ----------
          Jai Lewis said the sellout crowd was "so loud it was like [the Shockers] had an extra man on the floor."
          ----------
          "I'll be honest with you: This might be as good (of a road atmosphere) as I've ever been in, I've never seen a crowd so energetic and with so much enthusiasm and passion in support of their team." -Florida State University coach Leonard Hamilton, who has also had tenures at Oklahoma State and Miami.
          ---------
          "It (WSU) was louder than Duke tonight" -Chuck Walsh (Florida State sports information director)
          ----------
          "This building is tough to play in because it's so loud," Altman said. "It challenges you. If guys are weak-minded, you're going to give into it here. I told the guys to try to embrace it and thrive on it. It's just a great college venue." -Dana Altman
          ----------
          "We've played in unbelievable environments and by far this was the loudest. To start the game, it was defeaning in there."... -SIU-C Coach Chris Lowery
          ----------
          "After last year's WSU-UNI game, there were 3 of us still sitting in the front row of the student section when Ben Jacobsen (the player that looked like an All-American every time we played UNI) walked by after doing a post game radio interview.

He was very friendly and talked to us awhile. (he was very upbeat of course). He said that he loved our fans, he loved playing in our place because of the energy (even though it was negative towards him) and was especially complimentary of our student section.

But the thing that stuck out is that he said that we had the best atmosphere that he had ever played in and he said he had played at LSU and IOWA ST.

Ben Jacobsen said KOCH was louder and a better atmosphere than Hilton.

Now it is just one man's opinion. But he did play in both places and he certainly was unbiased (hated both of us). --Shocker3"
          -------
          Coach Spinelli's comments on the radio after the game:
          This is the first time I've heard it this loud. Coming from the Big 12, this is very similar to Phog Allen and Gallagher Iba. --Dashox
          Last edited by WuShock16; April 1, 2015, 09:36 AM.
          78-65

Comment

Love this quote:

"Even when it's quiet, it's loud."
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Talk Angry recognizes that Jason King quote.

Comment

In February of 2013 they were ranking the best college basketball sights and I believe Koch arena was top 5. There's a link around somewhere for the article but alas, I'm way too lazy!
                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                  In February of 2013 they were ranking the best college basketball sights and I believe Koch arena was top 5. There's a link around somewhere for the article but alas, I'm way too lazy!
                  I think you meant basketball sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuchalk View Post
                    I think you meant basketball sites.
                    We can't have good "sights" too? Now you're just insulting the women who go to games :)

You're right though, meant sites
                    I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                    If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Angry View Post
                      Talk Angry recognizes that Jason King quote.
                      Are you talking in third person?

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                        Are you talking in third person?
                        Absolutely Talk Angry is.

Comment

who was it this year that said it was so loud it makes your ears hurt? Maybe the UNI game?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            who was it this year that said it was so loud it makes your ears hurt? Maybe the UNI game?
                            My ears were practically bleeding at the end of this season's Alabama game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Ron Baker said something like that.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X