No announcement yet.

Shockers shut out of AP All-American teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not root for Kentucky. But I can appreciate ridiculous defense when I see it, and Cauley-Stein plays ridiculous defense. His ability to keep up with guards without fouling is pretty fun to watch.

Comment

i didn't see it posted but Ron Baker was selected as a Wooden All American. Not one of the big four, but still a hell of an honor.

Comment

Fred, you are 100% All American in your fans' hearts and althought you can't take that to the bank, you can take it to YOUR heart.

Comment

Usually accolades like this are scoring and hype achievements, so I sort of understand this. That said, Fred Van Vleet is the best PG in college basketball and I think he showed that in tournament even if he didn't start off very well. Ron needed to have that one All-American game in one of our spotlight games, like Early did versus UK; simply being the leading scorer on a good team usually isn't enough.

Comment

It seems like Fred spent the first part of the year trying to figure out how to run the team post-Cleanthony Early. By midway, Fred was running the show. By the end of the year he was among the best in the nation. i expect him to pick up where he left off. Fred will carry our team next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              It seems like Fred spent the first part of the year trying to figure out how to run the team post-Cleanthony Early. By midway, Fred was running the show. By the end of the year he was among the best in the nation. i expect him to pick up where he left off. Fred will carry our team next year.
              I'm going to enjoy the FVV - Baker - Wessel - Shaq - Brown show VERY much. I'm more excited about that potential than I was this year's -- though I am not sure how I am going to cope without my Tekele fix. I may be in rehab for a while.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Paul Suellentrop ‏@PaulSuellentrop 2h2 hours ago #Shockers Fred VanVleet third-team All-America by http://CBSSports.com http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25130313/wisconsins-kaminsky-is-player-of-year-leads-our-all-america-team …
                View summary 9 retweets 14 favorites
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Good for Fred!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

5-10 years from now, I think we'll be having all kinds of interesting discussions about what to do with the jerseys of Baker, Early, and maybe even Cotton.

We will not be having any interesting discussions about what to do with Fred's jersey.

Comment

The freshman AA teams are interesting, primarily the fact that Oubre isn't among the top 15 in the opinion of CBS Sports.

Comment

Its nice seeing players from the mvc on the list.

What are the four that are used for consensus lists?

Comment

Working...
                        X