No announcement yet.

Poll--would you leave your job for the UT job in an analogous situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would call people who have worked or done business with Steve Patterson, the Texas AD, before I made any decision. He would be my "boss," so I'd like to know what sort of reputation he had or whether he would be bearable.

The comments on this espn article would give me pause:

An emotional Rick Barnes fought back tears in saying goodbye to Texas after 17 years Sunday, insisting he is grateful for his time with the Longhorns and isn't bitter about being fired.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
      Though I am not a Texas tax expert, the fact Texas has no state income tax is offset by many other ways to make up for it. I had a client once who moved to Dallas who said she wished she was back in KC because she was being taxed to death.
      For starters, you seemingly cannot drive from one suburb to another without paying about $20 in tolls.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Cleveland has no sales tax. They also have toll roads with potholes big enough to lose Kirstie Alley in

Comment

Texas is tough to turn down, ladies and gents. Marshall would be automatically in the door of any and all recruits within the state. That is HUGE. The money would be very similar, but Texas does not necessarily fit the "rebuilding program" that Marshall has said he doesn't want any part of. I honestly believe, as much as my OU football fandom loathes them, that Texas is a "win now" situation with the right coach. I would wager a coach like Marshall takes the current hoops squad at UT to the Sweet 16. This is NOT like Bama where he'd get lots of money to be a middling program for years. This would be win now, more money and unlimited recruiting pull. That is a dream job for any coach.

That said, I truly hope he stays. I believe him when he says they love Wichita. I am encouraged when he draws parallels between WSU and Gonzaga and when he says he believes that WSU could win a NC.

All said and done, this is a true crapshoot. I've said all along I'm only afraid of five schools wooing (no pun intended) Gregg. Those five are Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UNC...and Texas.

Comment

I'd be afraid on IU as well,.

Comment

What about Creighton or Missouri State
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
                  Why does everyone keep posting the same articles
                  Because recycling that same unsubstantiated information is the commonly accepted best practice for covering college coaching searches? :wink-new:
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
                    Why does everyone keep posting the same articles
                    Because people are secure with themselves and cannot wait to scoop the next tantalizing piece of journalism.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                    X