No announcement yet.

Why Marshall Won't Leave WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get the point you can pee higher than I can. My point was that UT alums are meddlesome, I posted information that I knew about, read about and heard about on this blog as examples.

So what is your evidence that anything that I posted was factually incorrect? That's what I would like to see. It's great that you've lived in Texas all your life and that you love Austin. I just want to know what was incorrect about the part about UT alums meddling in the University's business.

Please give me some specific examples of where you think my postings about UT here are incorrect. Otherwise, I'll agree that you can pee higher than me, and we'll leave it at that.

If you can't do that, I will follow your own advice and ignore the haters, namely you.

Comment

• Knowing that big money donors, regents, administrators, etc. are meddlesome in big time college athletics doesn't require someone intimately connected to a program. That's a well-known fact of life in big-money college athletic programs.

I know it goes on with Florida State and we luckily have far less of it to deal with than most, being a younger school and not having the large money donors others have. Schools like Auburn and Texas are widely recognized as having some of the most influential donors/third-parties in college athletics. Oklahoma State as well, although that's mostly Pickens. Alabama as well, although Saban has tamed them like a pro.

In Texas, where UT is THE brand in the state, and where big money donors are everywhere, and where high school coaches are known to have significant influence, the extra headaches you have to deal with go without saying.

Every head coach has to deal with some of those headaches, wherever you are. Regardless of what school, you have to suck up to donors to bring in revenue. Texas just has a lot more than their contemporaries, with the added benefit of dealing with the Longhorn Network commitments as well.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
        I doubt Texas expects national championships... But they want what Gregg gets... Winning lots of games consistently.... Conference tourny success... Make some good runs once every 2-4 years... Recruit the state in a dominant fashion...
        I think Texas just wants a coach who has a track record of beating KU......

Comment

• The Texas job also comes with the requirements of allowing the Longhorn Network into every aspect of your program and regular on air appearances.

That may fit a Calipari or Pitino, but I don't know about Gregg.

I could see an Avery Johnson or Buzz Williams that has that media persona.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            The Texas job also comes with the requirements of allowing the Longhorn Network into every aspect of your program and regular on air appearances.

Marshall has been big into media presence in Wichita. Half-times speaches, mics on players, and the Showtime deal that fell through got the green light.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
              The Texas job also comes with the requirements of allowing the Longhorn Network into every aspect of your program and regular on air appearances.

Yes because no coach wants more exposure for their program...:friendly_wink:

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                Yes because no coach wants more exposure for their program...:friendly_wink:
                The Longhorn Network isn't really about creating more exposure for the program. It's not like it's a requirement to go on ESPN routinely and promote your program to the nation, expanding recruiting bases, etc. Those are things that benefit a coach by benefiting the program he's in charge of.

It's more like doing non-stop Coach call-in shows, on a bigger stage. You're just playing to the base. I don't think I'd describe that as exposure. The Longhorn Network exposure could theoretically be a good tool for Marshall to engage and energize the fanbase to start filling the basketball arena, and I guess it could help Texas-area recruiting (but if those kids are watching the Longhorn Network, they want to come to Texas anyway), but ultimately that's a very different type of "exposure" than a coach generally seeks out.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Myles Turner of UT declaring for the NBA draft.
                  Stay here Gregg.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Marshall has been big into media presence in Wichita. Half-times speaches, mics on players, and the Showtime deal that fell through got the green light.
                    Show time said yes now,?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                      I don't put anyone on ignore...it helps me reaffirm I'm not as batshit stupid as many on here believe I am.
                      So you reach your satisfaction by setting the bar really low?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                        And everyone posting knows the smoke you're referring to is from your bong. I'd get a vaporizer if I smoked as much of that stuff as you do.
                        The whole "weed=irrational/stupid" thing is kind of outdated lol

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                          Show time said yes now,?
                          I think he meant HCGM approved the Showtime deal, which is evidence that Marshall has been bit into media presence in Wichita. The Showtime deal fell through later, but it was originally green lighted.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                            The whole "weed=irrational/stupid" thing is kind of outdated lol
                            👌

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                              I think he meant HCGM approved the Showtime deal, which is evidence that Marshall has been bit into media presence in Wichita. The Showtime deal fell through later, but it was originally green lighted.
                              This. Thank you for clarifying.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• After reading the comments on some of the Rick Barnes articles, you would think no coach would want to share the same campus with the Texas AD (Patterson). I see the word "snake" used frequently, among other similar adjectives.
                                β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                                X