Why Marshall Won't Leave WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Hey thanks for joining SN during our F4 run and making a subsequent 7 posts.

You are a WSU and CCC insider, no doubt.

Selling a $5K asset is always first on the priority list of multi-million dollar families prior to a relocation. At least that's what I saw on reddit one time. It is really hard to transport a golf cart I hear. Pickups are hard to come by.
    No problem, I'm a Shocker alum but my passion lies with a different team. That happens to make me a realist and allows me to look at these sorts of things objectively. I know the GM family, not nearly enough to know anything relevant to the situation, and hope he stays. The university sure needs him to. The changes being made on campus are the direct result of President Bardo and the run Marshall has been on. It's good for everyone associated to WSU if he stays, but it should be far from a surprise if he doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by tw805 View Post
      Trying to recruit players to the Big 12 would definitely be easier than to the Valley. I can't imagine sitting in some kid's living room telling him how exciting it is to play at Evansville and Loyola. The resources at UT are almost unparalleled nationwide
      Landry Shamet and Markis McDuffie did. Competition is different but we still can do things. Also, Marshall said that he has a plane whenever he needs it to recruit, or for personal use. There is no difference there. Facilities are the only difference on recruiting and WSU is working on new athletic buildings now.

Gregg may want a crack at recruiting a different type of athlete (one and done), but if his philosophy on character being so important is what he truly believes, those recruits won't be at the top of his list anyway.

Comment

• Has anyone looked at a Texas fan board and tried to decipher what they are saying? And as to the flight into jabara, who owns the plane is a better question.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
          It's just news... But where there's smoke ....
          You need to refresh yourself on primary sources, secondary sources, and credible journalistic sources. You are dealing primarily with rumors and not facts. This is what lazy reporters do and not what good reporters do. They are hearing things from people who probably speculated on it. Bruce Heartl was quoted in KC radio as saying he'd be interested in Texas. He said the other day, he's never visited with Gregg about it. He really didn't know but thought that if he was interested in a program, it would be one like Texas. Kennedy had said the same thing. This is good reporting? Rumor Mongers. LOL

Comment

• FWIW, Geno Ford was also put out as a possibility.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              You need to refresh yourself on primary sources, secondary sources, and credible journalistic sources. You are dealing primarily with rumors and not facts. This is what lazy reporters do and not what good reporters do. They are hearing things from people who probably speculated on it. Bruce Heartl was quoted in KC radio as saying he'd be interested in Texas. He said the other day, he's never visited with Gregg about it. He really didn't know but thought that if he was interested in a program, it would be one like Texas. Kennedy had said the same thing. This is good reporting? Rumor Mongers. LOL
              You are right...but I figured Pat Fordes name held more weight... But none the less you make a good point

Comment

• I've heard Avery Johnson and Buzz Williams as well. Not sure if there is any truth to that though. That would follow the hiring a "Texas" guy mantra. Funny thing is Avery Johnson's son is an Aggie.

Comment

• I'm getting more relaxed as time goes on. You can have great resources, recruitment, history, facilities, etc. and still not do well in the tourney with a pretty good coach (i.e., KU). I think Texas has unrealistic expectations; they expect to throw money around and have the instant NC. Barnes wasn't a great coach, sure, but he wasn't good enough for them because he couldn't meet expectations. HCGM would be successful at Tx, but if he can't meet unrealistic expectations, the same thing could happen to him as to Barnes. He'll stay here and turn down the Texas offer because he realizes people here love him regardless of FFours. We expect good players, good character, good university representation... all of which he provides in spades!

Comment

• I doubt Texas expects national championships... But they want what Gregg gets... Winning lots of games consistently.... Conference tourny success... Make some good runs once every 2-4 years... Recruit the state in a dominant fashion...

Comment

I doubt Texas expects national championships... But they want what Gregg gets... Winning lots of games consistently.... Conference tourny success... Make some good runs once every 2-4 years... Recruit the state in a dominant fashion...
                      Conference tourney success? That's certainly not 3G
                      I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                      If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                        Conference tourney success? That's certainly not 3G
                        Hey now, it's not 3Gs fault that STL is cursed ;)
                        The Assman

Comment

I doubt Texas expects national championships... But they want what Gregg gets... Winning lots of games consistently.... Conference tourny success... Make some good runs once every 2-4 years... Recruit the state in a dominant fashion...
                          Barnes' record doesn't look so bad. Expectations are perhaps a little lofty and unrealistic in Austin.
                          Does HCGM really want to step in that cow manure?

A four-time Big 12 Conference Coach of the Year (1999, 2003, 2008 and 2014) and five-time National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) District 9 Coach of the Year (1999, 2001, 2003, 2008 and 2014), Barnes elevated the Texas program to a consistent level of national prominence never before seen at the Forty Acres. In his 17 years at UT, he led the Longhorns to 16 NCAA Tournament appearances (streak of 14 consecutive from 1999-2012), including five trips to the NCAA “Sweet 16,” three to the “Elite Eight” and one to the Final Four (2003). The appearance at the 2003 Final Four marked the third time in school history and first since 1947 (span of 56 years) that UT had advanced to the Final Four.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            Lived in Houston since 1997. Prior to that, lived in Austin for six years. Worked for the state. Know many Texas alums.

I have seen and read in the Austin American Statesman how alums and influential donors meddled in the fb program.

I also saw the way they railroaded Mack, coach Gus, rick Barnes. Not hard to see when you live here for a few years.

Let's start with Phil Sims throwing a fit when Mack threatened to bench his son. Kinda like CF except on steroids.

Great qb from Lousiana benched b/c daddy threw a fit in front of regents. Crap like that happens everyday in Austin.
                            Lol born and raised in Texas.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                              Lol born and raised in Texas bro.
                              So do you disagree or are you saying you can piss further than I can?

Not only that, but also, where do you live? If you live or spent a lot of time in Austin, let me know how your observation s of UT differ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                                So do you disagree or are you saying you can piss further than I can?

Not only that, but also, where do you live? If you live or spent a lot of time in Austin, let me know how your observation s of UT differ?

Thanks in advance.
                                Just saying dont assume you know stuff other people dont because you have "lived there". That still does not tell me you know both sides of every story. Anyone can read press clippings and believe them to be 100% truthful. Nothing you spouted off tells me that you know any more about UT than the next guy.

Working with alums will get you some credit. But even then, i know many alums and they dont know anything more than anyone else either...even though they like to act like they do.

And i love Austin. Born and raised in Spring,TX.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X