New Wichita State Assistant Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wichita State Assistant Coach

With the imminent departure of Steve Forbes, I’m wondering who will be the new assistant to sit on Gregg’s bench.

Will he go with the former head coach no longer employed?
    Will he go with the veteran assistant coach ready for a move up?
    Will he go with the energetic young coach anxious to learn at the knee of a master?
    Will he demand a commitment of longer than 2 years this time?

I'm thinking the young energetic coach with the standard two year commitment.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

The never before seen player/assistant coach: FVV gets paid as an assistant coach while playing his senior season.

Comment

I believe Anthony Grant is looking for a job.
      Livin the dream

Comment

I would bet big bucks that he has been on the phone with Grant today, to discuss lots of things.

Comment

Just like before, HCGM will have LOTS of applicants to choose from. No newbies here. The next newbie to cut his coaching teeth here will be a former player.

Comment

Someone mentioned Anthony Grant, but with his success at VCU and being an SEC head coach, one would think he'd be able to acquire a head coaching gig somewhere that might interest him more than being an assistant. What would people think about a recently fired head coach from the MVC being an assistant here?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
              Someone mentioned Anthony Grant, but with his success at VCU and being an SEC head coach, one would think he'd be able to acquire a head coaching gig somewhere that might interest him more than being an assistant. What would people think about a recently fired head coach from the MVC being an assistant here?
              Do you believe Gregg and Geno have a relationship other than MVC competitors?
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Somebody who will bring a big man with him.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  Do you believe Gregg and Geno have a relationship other than MVC competitors?
                  Geno definitely needs a break, and I am confident that he is more than qualified to be a high level assistant for a while to get his feet back under him. His career is jacked up right now when just a few years ago, he was highly regarded. He needs to sit on the bench of a winning team for 2-4 years and get his stock back up. I could get on board with this.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Somebody who will bring a big man with him.
                    NOW WE'RE TALKING. Pin, I'm serious, we could really have something special, you and me...

Comment

One of the Texas assistants.

Comment

Now THERE'S an idea! Figure out which players will transfer when Barnes gets canned (I predict April 2nd) and go for the assistant they're linked to.

Comment

The Ultimate Irony.

Comment

Lol you guys. Coach Grant would be a home run, but I am betting that it will be a JUCO HC that has made some noise.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                              Wouldn't mind someone from northern Iowa if it had to be from a mvc team

Comment

Working...
                              X