The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    I went over to the UNI board to see their reaction about Tuttle being named an All-American and found myself in their topic about Marshall and Texas. I came across this gem:

Is this guy from the future because I sure as hell know this was never the case at any point in the last 100 years.
    Yeah, no one in the valley seems to pay much attention to such things as fan support or program revenues. It is as if good, consistent programs are made of pixies and fairy dust to most of them, all the while totally ignoring the fact we have most of them double-upped when it come to the actual metrics that provide success and stability.

Comment

• Originally posted by blitzkrieg View Post

sorry, I just don't see why any decent coach would want to coach in this dump.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by blitzkrieg View Post

sorry, I just don't see why any decent coach would want to coach in this dump.
        I have seen several Alabama games this year and their arena really looks empty during the game, but this is not a fair picture if you are trying to show attendance at games. Have you ever seen CKA an hour before game time. Looks about the same. You can tell this is their arena way before the game started just because the chairs usually filled by media personnel and game officials are empty. Let's just stop criticizing Alabama. As I said before, we will know soon enough if Marshall wants this kind of challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I DO NOT SEE THE PURPOSE OF BASHING ALABAMA
          I see your point, but we have had a very polite, respectful poster here this morning (and I'm not being sarcastic) who was telling us that the arena is 2/3 full for every game.

I think based on the discussion and evidence presented, that he is a little optimistic.

But he IS polite and respectful. Also, one thing I found out today, that I did not know before, was how Gottfired GotFired. I don't think that having an affair within the athletic department is a ethical, and I applaud Alabama for asking him to leave.

The thing with Saban's daughter - well, I think that's an excellent example of how large a shadow Saban casts in Tuscaloosa.

Comment

• Originally posted by TxShox View Post
            Okay, that part cracks me up. Spring, TX and Austin are as close together as Wichita and Lawrence... living in one does not necessarily imply loving the other. Now, if said person was born in Pflugerville, might be a different story.

Anyway, I'll sidestep a bit... saw a tweet from one of the hosts for Houston's Sports Radio 610 who is fairly well connected with the basketball scene down here. He noted that John Lucas appears to be the leading candidate for the 'Horns job.

Now back to the 'Bama posts.
            So I couldnt have lived in Spring and loved Austin as well? Doesnt matter how close they are to each other.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand....
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tschandler View Post
              Alabama fans show up to support winning programs.
              Exactly. Not the definition of basketball fanatics, like here.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                So I couldnt have lived in Spring and loved Austin as well? Doesnt matter how close they are to each other.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand....
                I liked Austin as well. Unfortunately, unless you work in tech, the pay is dismal and moreover, if you are allergic to mountain cedar, the winters are insufferable. Even though I really liked Austin, I like Houston much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  The NBA connection makes sense to me. Patterson has NBA connections. If you want to emulate Kentucky with the 1 and dones, you need a NBA guy.
                  Recruiting in the NCAA is much different than paying in the NBA. Wait... Kentucky and Calipari... nevermind.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    I think there's too much crazy going on here these days. I will be glad when this carnival has packed up and left town and HCGM is still @ Wichita State.
                    Me too. And maybe then I can get some F'n work done around here, since all I'm doing is refreshing three threads and drinking more coffee than necessary to accomplish this sadness.

But. I. Can't. Stop.
                    *refreshes*

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                      I liked Austin as well. Unfortunately, unless you work in tech, the pay is dismal and moreover, if you are allergic to mountain cedar, the winters are insufferable. Even though I really liked Austin, I like Houston much better.
                      I just cant afford Austin lol. Family was in Spring anyway, so i will always be a little partial to it. Yes i do live in Wichita now, but i am a Texan at heart. Still lots of friend and family i go back as often as i can.

Ok, now lets get back to making fun of Alabama, i can get on board with that lol
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                        Exactly. Not the definition of basketball fanatics, like here.
                        Obviously not, but then again the only schools with Basketball "fanatics" either don't have a D1 football program or like Kentucky it is an exercise in futility. But we have a decent basketball history. We also have shown we give other sports the resources to reach the very top of the respective sports. While Football is far and away the main engine that drives Alabama athletics, fans of a school like Wichita are the last ones to lecture Bama fans on following one sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                          Me too. And maybe then I can get some F'n work done around here, since all I'm doing is refreshing three threads and drinking more coffee than necessary to accomplish this sadness.

But. I. Can't. Stop.
                          *refreshes*
                          Same.. I probably should stop coming here often, until this whole thing blows over one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post

But. I. Can't. Stop.
                            *refreshes*
                            Right there with ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuscaloosa View Post

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I hope part of the negotiation for Marshall includes Alabama sending the bottom 30 players on their football team to restart WSU's football program.

Naaah, I like Marshall as our HC too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X