The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    Maybe Gregg is just enjoying the courtship :)
    No maybe about it. Gregg enjoys the attention...and you know what? Who wouldn't. Being told you're great and that you're wanted is something we all would want, or at least all of us who are sane (I don't include myself in that subset, fwiw).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
      I haven't seen this idea floated.. but lets say that Marshall DOES have serious interest in Texas. Hypothetically. The report over the weekend has consistently been. "Texas wants Smart, 3G told Alabama that he wasn't interested because he wanted Texas."

Well Marshall setting a public meeting with Alabama signals to Texas that the Horns may need to act a little bit quicker and get more serious about 3G, rather than just eyeing Smart and seeing where the chips fall. Big IF, but it could be a ploy to force Texas' hand.
      Seth Davis tweeted early this morning that Marshall was shocked about the reports that indicated that he had told Alabama no thanks..

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Bama is in town. Maybe not. Who the hell knows what is what at this point. Lynn is probably the only one who knows anything at this point.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        No maybe about it. Gregg enjoys the attention...and you know what? Who wouldn't. Being told you're great and that you're wanted is something we all would want, or at least all of us who are sane (I don't include myself in that subset, fwiw).
        You need to post more; you've disappeared lately.

This forum can always stand more WuDrWu.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Why do you need to fly to get a contract signed? This isn't 1865.

I think it is the latter or your two possibilities.
          Agree. When HCGM flies to Bama to review their facilities/talk to big wigs is when I get concerned.

Comment

• I asked MK if theres is still a coaches show and here was his response

Mike Kennedy ‏@Shockerv:oice 45s46 seconds ago
            @shox:_KCfan Don't know yet, still waiting to hear
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              Or he's meeting with all suitors to establish his market value, to relay to Sexton what his pay should be for the remainder of his career at WSU.

Maybe similar to the recruiting situation for college football in the 90's when Colorado was pretty good. You may not have any interest in playing at Colorado, but you certainly take their recruiting trip, if you know what I mean. Maybe Gregg is just enjoying the courtship :)
              Anybody would do this. I would do it just to see what I'm worth for the fun of it. It's part of enjoying the ride, but it doesn't mean you are leaving by any means. How much do you think he LOVES adding schools to his list of suitors to name drop with Jim Rome? I guarantee you he wants to hear big offers from Texas and Alabama even if he's staying here. It's just fun to be able to say "Private Jet, Golf Course, 7 figures, UCLA, Texas, Alabama, Mizzou, Cal, NC State, STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE!"

Let the list continue to grow. He's doing exactly what I would do. It's called being a diva. I'd bet money Sexton and Bardo are eating this stuff up because I do believe they intend to match offers and they also intend to provide Marshall with program resources on the same level as these places. Marshall is getting to tour the athletic facility of every place we want to be like and come back and create what he wants here.

Comment

No basketball or airplanes in 1865. Just alot of buned out plantations..

Comment

Although I think flying in 1865 was still not the norm... ;-)

Comment

• I'll get worried if the show is canceled

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                      Agree. When HCGM flies to Bama to review their facilities/talk to big wigs is when I get concerned.
                      Maybe they came to pick the family up???

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        Seth Davis tweeted early this morning that Marshall was shocked about the reports that indicated that he had told Alabama no thanks..

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Bama is in town. Maybe not. Who the hell knows what is what at this point. Lynn is probably the only one who knows anything at this point.
                        Raytheon Hawker 800 from Birmingham-Shuttlesworth Int'l. arrived at Col. James Jabara Airport at 10:48 this morning. There's at least a plane from the state of Alabama.

Comment

• ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I hate radio silence.

Comment

• For those wondering, the plane that Alabama uses for official business like this has been blocked from public flight trackers, so that info would be unavailable. They pulled that stunt on us during the Saban hire :beaten:

Comment

• Marshall ftw

Comment

Working...
                                X